Find your next favourite story now
Login

Have three poems coming out in a book on Brian Wrixon Books...

last reply
6 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Got another cover reveal for a book I'm coming out in today...I think I'm due out in about five books, or something like that...sort of lost track...but, I have three poems coming out in this one...the poems are...

1. The Facebook Poem
2. Party Favors
3. Please Tell Me That You Can Stay

I'm not sure if anyone else from SS is in the book, and all the poems you can read here on this fine site in the meantime...this book is being published by Brian Wrixon and Poets With Voices Strong, based in Canada...he's the publisher who published Christena Williams book btw, and she's a member of this fine site known throughout the world as Stories Space...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Alright...this is out now, and available not only as a softcover and eBook, but in a hardcover edition as well...

Rhyme with Reason
http://www.blurb.com/b/4640017-rhyme-with-reason?pid=New

Here is a listing of those who contributed to "Rhyme with Reason" and the page number in the book where their works can be found:

Contributors & Page Numbers

Heena Ahuja - 8
Sangeeta Ajay - 11
Iram Fatima 'Ashi' - 14
Sobia Aurangzaib - 17
Frances Ayers - 18
Surabhi Bhattacharjee - 21
Sophie Boswell - 22
Christine Brady - 24
Elizabeth E. Castillo - 27
Kerstin Centervall - 28
Maria Chippendale - 31
Steve Corn - 32
Corey Cowan - 38
Suzette Cozad - 47
Indira Das - 50
Ita Dempsey - 51
Supriya Kaur Dhaliwal - 54
Chris Everly - 55
Samuel Gregory Fields - 57
Kathy Figueroa - 58
Ross Magson Fisher - 62
Ann Fox - 64
Madhumita Ghosh - 67
Tapan Ghosh - 69
Hashmina Habeeb - 72
Tony Hansen - 75
Rob Harle - 78
Sheila-Rose
Hazelwood - 80
Alozor Michael
Ikechukwu - 85
Alan Jankowski - 90
Shahid Khan - 93
A.V. (Ampat) Koshy - 96
Elvira Lobo - 97
Basu Maan - 98
Karnika Mishra - 99
Satwik Mishra - 102
Rollie Mukherjee - 105
Shubhankar
Mukherjee - 108
JB Mulligan - 109
Anupam Naskar - 112
Mutiu Olawuyi - 113
Patricia M. Osborne - 114
Meghant Parmar - 117
Aparna Pathak - 118
Uma Goparaju
Pochampalli - 120
David S. Pointer - 121
Diwakar Pokhriyal - 122
Reena Prasad - 125
Tapeshwar Prasad - 127
Narendra Rai - 129
Charlotte Rains - 132
Polly Robinson - 135
Rosemarie Rowley - 138
Santosh Bala Saxena - 141
Sunil Sharma - 144
Daron Chosen Smith - 147
Harish Srinivasan - 150
Bob Strum - 151
Sohrab Sumon - 154
Samah Parvin Tanusa - 156
Sarah Terzo - 157
Jnika Tuteja - 159
Md. Mujib Ullah - 161
Chryssa Velissariou - 162
Christena A.V.
Williams - 166
Susan K. Williams - 171
William L. Wright Jr. - 174
Brian Wrixon - 178

Administration
0 likes

There's something about having your work in print that immortalises you. I'm sure that it's the greatest feeling imaginable. Congrats!

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Sherzahd

There's something about having your work in print that immortalises you. I'm sure that it's the greatest feeling imaginable. Congrats!

Yeah, it's nice to see your stuff in print...and stuff like this isn't hard to get into...just found out that it is not available in hardcover, and that has been corrected at that link btw...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
One of the other contributors, Ashi Ashi from Jubail, Saudi Arabia, who is also Managing Editor of Reflection W&R Magazine, posted some pictures of the book over on Facebook earlier today...just thought I'd share...

Cover...

Table of Contents...

Here's one of her poems...looks good to me...

And I have to assume this is the back cover...

Administration
0 likes
Looks good. Really proud of all you've achieved in such a short time, something everyone on here should aspire to.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Sherzahd
Looks good. Really proud of all you've achieved in such a short time, something everyone on here should aspire to.

Yeah, Brian Wrixon's books look good...but, frankly...getting into most of these poetry anthologies is not much of an achievement...they accept most of the poems submitted, unless it doesn't fit the theme of the antho...there is usually no payment either, which is why I post most of these sub calls in the "Poetry" section of the forum, and not in the "Competition and Submission Call" section...

Submitting to these anthologies is another way to get your work out there, even if it doesn't pay...heck, neither does Stories Space, and people post their work here...and it's nice to see yourself in print...I still get a certain kick out of that...

Brian Wrixon Books does publish poetry books other than non-paying anthologies though...for instance, Christena Williams, a Stories Space member, has her own book out with his publishing company...

Pearls Among Stones - Christena Williams
http://www.blurb.com/b/4148458-pearls-among-stones

There's a few people I know who have poetry collections out with him btw...and Christena mentions me in her introduction, see Page 5 in the preview...

For anyone interested in getting a whole poetry collection published with Brian Wrixon...the first step would be to join his Facebook group...and become active...

Poets With Voices Strong
https://www.facebook.com/groups/180003718770936/

He does a great job with the books, and there is no charge to the poet...my only objection is for some reason the books are not available on Amazon...as far as I know, they are only available on the Blurb site directly...unless that has changed recently...

But yeah...he has a whole document in the FB group explaining basically what he looks for in a poet he publishes...basically, he looks for someone who is going to actively promote themselves as well, Christena has had 29 poems in the local Jamaican paper "The Gleaner" before she sought any sort of international recognition, for instance...and frankly, I can't blame him...and most publishers want the same...just sayin'

On a related note, I'll be in another antho of his to be released this month...a collection of Winter poems...my poem "You'll Never Know" will be in it...for submission details, join the FB group...I believe he wants to limit submissions to people who are active members of the group...so, it's worth joining...some good stuff goes on there...not to mention some talented members to connect with...