138 replies
48.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by etairay
BUT DM needs a lil help from you please ..or maybe a few more drinks

Hey E...what you trying to say anyway? Btw, I think I figured it out...you just have to warn me when you go adding fancy features here, some are a little slower to catch on...

And I will take those drinks, btw...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I did sneak in the bold type for all unread messages. Whilst I was testing (at least on IE) it wasnt really that clear which ones I had read or not. Maybe Alan you should start reading some of that fan mail you have clogging your inbox silly
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It's really annoying enough for you to actually click the messages to mark them as read. He he he I love it. ;)
That way I do not forget to check them. even if I decide to open them later on. (as I usually do when I get long mail from someone who's got a name longer than 3 characters. ;)
If you can read this I'll enjoy your company.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey Gav,

We all seem to be born today lol?
New Poem out

The Observer
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Louise
Hey Gav,

Yeah, I noticed that too...Happy Birthday, btw...and Happy New Year as well...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Louise
Hey Gav,

Here you go Louise...it's the least I could do...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
The good news is that we found the forum again...there was a bit of a scare there...

The bad news is that I don't seem to be getting e-mail notifications when I get a PM here...Oh Gav...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure if this is an upgrade issue or simply a site issue, but the page title (i.e what it shows in the browser tab or at the top of the browser) for the "Audio Stories" category says "Free audio erotic stories". Something that didn't get caught in adapting the site maybe?
Blog | Twitter | Website - The Great Escape

My new four part novella, The Star Coin Prophesy is now
available to read on my website, The Great Escape:
e2ZeQHyELydH DphdhpCccL3x
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by MissAdventure
for the "Audio Stories" category says "Free audio erotic stories". Something that didn't get caught in adapting the site maybe?

There's been a couple of places where the word "erotic" has slipped in (no pun intended)...I found that out posting the link to the last contest...

Haven't even tried to post the link to this contest yet...so, I really don't know what surprises may be in store...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Hey Gav...I'm told there is an issue with submitting multiple entries in the contest...someone here got an error message when they tried to submit their second entry...

Not good for business...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Is it my imagination or are there some major issues with the "Upcoming Friends Birthdays" thingy...

For instance...it has been saying on my profile that LMB's birthday was coming up on the 28th...it doesn't say that anymore, and according to my calender it is still the 27th...and her birthday is listed as being today, the 27th in the forum...

Now...check her profile...

LMB
http://www.storiesspace.com/lmb

If you notice...she has one of those famously delicious Stories Space birthday cakes given January 26, 2012...but, if you look at the cake from last year...it was given on January 28, 2011...two days later...

What gives Gav?

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Hey Gav...still having birthday issues...

For instance, it says AutumnWriter's birthday is today in the forum...but, look when the famous Stories Space birthday cakes posted...
http://www.storiesspace.com/autumnwriter

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Hey Gav...realized I haven't bothered you in over a week, and I just feel terrible about that...

Is there a reason why the word count differs on the submission page here on SS than, say MS Word? I know this has been mentioned before, but I don't know that it is a V2 issue or goes back...

Trying to get an accurate word count on something, I get a figure of 1984 words here on SS...but 2027 words in MS Works Word Processor...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Lucky I rarely checkin to here, or I might feel a little targetted Mr A.

The word count (I suspect) is simply counting non alpha numerics, treating them as word breakers. The code comes with the html editor we use, so dont blame me dude!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Is it my imagination or are there some major issues with the "Upcoming Friends Birthdays" thingy...

For instance...it has been saying on my profile that LMB's birthday was coming up on the 28th...it doesn't say that anymore, and according to my calender it is still the 27th...and her birthday is listed as being today, the 27th in the forum...

Now...check her profile...

LMB
http://www.storiesspace.com/lmb

If you notice...she has one of those famously delicious Stories Space birthday cakes given January 26, 2012...but, if you look at the cake from last year...it was given on January 28, 2011...two days later...

What gives Gav?

Another little bit of evidence regarding this:
My birthday is correctly entered into my profile details as the 17th March, but the site has posted on my profile comments and announced it to friends as the 16th.
Blog | Twitter | Website - The Great Escape

My new four part novella, The Star Coin Prophesy is now
available to read on my website, The Great Escape:
e2ZeQHyELydH DphdhpCccL3x
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Hey Gav...I'm having problems with tag searches...for instance, the search results for "whatever" only comes up with 29 results...it should be at least 91, since I have it in every story...and I know a couple other people have used it...tried it both logged in and logged out, same result...

Story Tag Results For Whatever
http://tags.storiesspace.com/whatever[/size]

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I see you still haven't fixed the time and date thingy. Alan's writing in my future again.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hello All

After many months, my latest changes to the Stories Space code base is ready for public consumption.

Hey Gav...all my activity on my timeline disappeared, except for the last two days...not a huge deal, but thought you should be aware...here's a screen shot...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So long as my few stories survive... I'll be fine. However, backing them up now might not be a bad idea.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
So long as my few stories survive... I'll be fine. However, backing them up now might not be a bad idea.

If you go to My Stories on the drop-down menu, you can download all your stories in a ZIP file. Just click this wee dooda
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Circle_Something
Quote by NymphWriter

If you go to My Stories on the drop-down menu, you can download all your stories in a ZIP file. Just click this wee dooda
[img][/img]

Thank you.