2.2k replies
309k views
2 watchers
21 likes
Mystica Flora
0 likes

Side - Travis

Lillie

Comp entry; true story regarding a normal day that took a drastic turn.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Children - Robert Miles

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

The Jacket Soundtrack Crazy D Remix

Lillie

Crazy old ape
0 likes

In case you were wondering, I don't just rock out to metal these days even if it might seem that way. Another favourite of mine from a rather difference musical world is Malinda (full name Malinda Kathleen Reese). She's a singer, songwriter, musician, and even stage actress with an award under her belt from a musical she appeared in. Oh, and she directed a film of the songs from her last album. Yeah, another multi-talented powerhouse.

This is the second new song from her this year. No announcement yet about a new album, but I suspect it must be in the works.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - A "Not What It Looks Like" comp entry

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

From the TV show, Loudermilk. This is Lizzie Poole (Lissie) singing When I'm Alone

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Left On Mars - Marko Hietala featuring Tarja Tarunen. Great to see them together.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing

Left On Mars - Marko Hietala featuring Tarja Tarunen. Great to see them together.

See my post in the other "listening" thread for my comment on this. Love having them back together.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Sorry, I'm still stuck on Once. 🤣

Creek Mary's Blood

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Amazon Love - Johnny Flynn featuring Lillie Flynn, his sister. This is one of my favorite songs. He has an acoustic guitar version and piano version. Both are beautiful. I think I prefer the acoustic version more.

Lillie

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Jean Michel Jarre - Starmus - Bridge From The Future - Live from Bratislava. Feat. Brian May

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Jean-Michel Jarre with Brian May is like an 80s fantasy come to life. Top synth wizard meets one of the best guitarists of that generation.

I have been getting more creative with my playlists on Amazon Music. One new one is "Energize My Day", a list of songs that I find get my heart pumping and my mood rising. The leadoff track, appropriately, is "Energize Me" by After Forever, one of my favourite songs from the pen and voice of Floor Jansen (and one she still uses today in solo sets).

In the current configuration, the first four songs have Floor on vocals (1 After Forever, 2 Nightwish, 1 solo), and she appears again a couple more times later in the list. Need to shuffle things a bit. She really puts a lot of energy and verve into her singing even in studio, which is why she shows up so often.