Mystica Flora
0 likes

Music Box - The Cinematic Orchestra

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Rock, Rock, 'Till You Drop - Def Leppard

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

To Build A Home - Cinematic Orchestra

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
1 like
Beethoven 9th Symphony - Movement IV - "Ode to Joy"

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
1 like

Stadium Love - Metric

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Swiss metal band Ad Infinitum with an intriguing new track that comes on heavy but shows a lighter side towards the end. And lead singer Melissa Bonny (who is also the main songwriter since the band started as a solo project) is perfect all through.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Metric - Youth Without Youth

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

New St. Vincent (stage name of singer-guitarist-songwriter Annie Clark) album dropped today. Quite fond of her for a few years now.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good Times Gonna Come - Aqualung

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

After some big time teasing from Nightwish this week, someone has figured out that they were likely teasing something to do with their next album happening Tuesday (4/30/24 was the date being teased in a puzzling way). No idea what. Could be a date for the album, date for first single, teaser for first single or ... well, we're all waiting to see what comes.

For now, we have plenty to enjoy until they drop that new album.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Adorable - Artist vs. Poet

Splendor

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Strange & Beautiful (I'll Put A Spell On You) - Aqualung

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

I have fallen hard for this song of late. It's a stirring rock anthem from BC native Devin Townsend, who I am increasingly convinced is one of the great musical geniuses of my generation. While he started in metal, Devin now mixes together an eclectic range of influences, even if metal remains core to a lot of his work.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Load And Clear - Cranberries

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Coming Around Again - Carly Simon

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Simple Things - Belle & Sebastian

Splendor

Crazy old ape
1 like

Not listening to anything just now but I know what I will be listening to soon ...

NIGHTWISH Announces New Album Yesterwynde For September (metalinjection.net)

And since "Perfume Of The Timeless", the first single, is going to be one of songwriter-keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen's epics (I'm hearing 8+ minutes), here's an intro to his past work in that vein.

And Tuomas' "one-liner" for the album is, "Yesterwynde is a fantastical voyage through time, memory, and the better angels of human nature." I'm in.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Eivør also has a new album due out on June 14th, simply called Enn. Here is another track from it, issued today.

Hugsi Bert Um Teg/Still Just You.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing

Eivør also has a new album due out on June 14th, simply called Enn. Here is another track from it, issued today.

Hugsi Bert Um Teg/Still Just You.

It is looking like a good year for music, really. I've already hit a few "favourite album of the year" albums even knowing that new albums from Eivor, Nightwish, etc. were in the pipeline.

In fact, I was looking over a list of albums with scheduled release dates this year and I see Charlotte Wessels (formerly of the band Delain) next solo album is due out the same day as the new Nightwish so I have my listening schedule for that day pretty filled out now. And there's a non-zero chance Charlotte's album will give Floor and the boys a run for their money with me. Her first two solo albums are fantastic.

First single from Charlotte's album drops on May 16, but here's a sampler from her last solo album.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Island In The Sun - Weezer

Splendor

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Jacky - Marc Almond

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Flash Delirium - MGMT

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

So on my way to work this morning, I got very pumped up hearing Devin Townsend's "Spirits Will Collide" (see upthread) and now I'm making an "Energize My Day" playlist on my Amazon Music account. Besides that, I've got a couple Nightwish tunes (Elan and Alpenglow), "Energize Me" by After Forever, "Fire" by Floor Jansen (who is also the lead singer on the Nightwish and After Forever tracks), and "Bii Biyelgee" by the HU (Mongol folk rock/metal). I'll post that last one. It's a lively danceable tune based on a traditional Mongolian dance (the "biyelgee" in the title).

Trying to come up with more songs in the metal/rock space that have that pumped up, filled with joy effect on me to add to the list.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

The Park - Feist

Splendor