Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Forty Five Minutes

6
8 Comments 8
1.2k Views 1.2k
1.0k words 1.0k words
The smell of freshly cut grass wafted in through the open window. A deep sigh escaped her slightly parted lips as she turned her attention back to the front of the room. He smiled at her again. He knew that she had been daydreaming. He never tried to hide the fact that he was aware of her waning concentration and she never tried to hide the fact that she knew that she had been caught. She looked ahead for a minute longer before turning her attention back to the open window.

Gloriously bright sunshine, lush green grass and a deep blue sky filled with cotton candy clouds completely filled her field of vision. Did he know that it was him she was fantasizing about? The world began to dissipate as her imagination drifted off to two lovers that lay hidden in a cozy little apartment, spooning on a tiny two seater, barely watching the sitcom on tv. His long fingers stroked her hip bone. His lips travelled down her slender neck as his large hand worked its way up towards her eager breast. His musky cologne and her floral perfume infused with the heated smell of sex. A familiar ache starts spreading throughout her and another deep sign finds its escape. Knowing her fantasies would not bring them together. The distance between them would only increase.

Ignoring the flush on her cheeks, she lazily glanced down at the open book on her desk. Her handwriting, his name and what was deemed valuable information, that would prepare her for the rest of her life, filled the pages. Her small pale hand raked through her fine golden bob. The words started to blur together as she imagined what her life would be like without him in it. Unbearable pain seared through her. She swallowed hard and blinked back unwanted tears.

Right on cue, her knight in shining armor stood before her breaking the spell and pulling her back from that all-consuming black hole. He smiles at her, so full of reassurance. She feels the tension trickle out of her and offers back a weak smile. His fingers touch hers as he hands her the stack of papers he’d picked up from his desk. Taking one and passing the rest on, she turns back to him but he’d moved on already.

Her shoulders slump and she glances at the meaningless paper in her hand, before looking back up at him. He’s ready for her with a question, nothing that his bright eyed beauty wouldn’t be able to handle. He was careful as to how he allowed communication to flow between them. No topic would be broached that could lead to flirting, or worse, a declaration of feelings. He left no room for misinterpretations and took care not to expose her to her peers.

She respected him for it and was grateful for the safety net he created for her. She could never imagine him in the same vein as the bumbling fools that so often tried to rob her of her innocence. He tried to protect her from himself, the hot blooded man that needed to conquer her. She saw it in his eyes, those brief moments when his eyes travelled her body and drank its fill. It was a dangerous game for them to play. Maybe a different time and place?

Her gazed shifted to the wall clock behind him. Almost time to go home. She liked seeing him last in the day. They always say you should save the best for last. In three weeks it will really be all over. The past three years of her life seemed centered on him, waiting for her next opportunity to be near him, to hear his silky voice, to smell his musky cologne when he walked past her.

She looked back at him. He had walked back to his desk and sat down on the edge of it. His hands clasped in front of him. His long fingers entwined and thumbs stroking each other. He continued to talk, whilst looking over them.

She looked back at the wall clock, his eyes followed hers. Two minutes left. He looked back at them and smiled, he looked at her showing a bit of his pearly whites. She blushed and lowered her head. He looked so young and handsome when he smiled.

Sitting directly in front of him made her both nervous and excited. She was fully aware of his eyes on her but refused to meet his, not trusting herself to remain calm. The bell rang and chaos erupted. She intentionally waited for the bell to sound before packing away her belongings. She hated the animals that her peers turned into the moment the day came to an end. The shoving and pushing gave cover to the unwanted, accidental groping.

As the noise settled, she looked up and found that his big brown eyes were still on her. He smiled at her again and got up as she did. She picked up her bag and her brow furrowed. Did she forget something? Was she supposed to do something?

She walked towards him. It was just the two of them now. He didn’t move. She could smell him now. Could he smell her? Did she put on enough perfume? Her heart felt like it would jump out of her chest. He reached out and gently took her hand in his. His thumb stroking the soft flesh.

Her eyes locked onto his. The passion she knew lay hidden inside him now oozing out through his glazed eyes and deep breaths.

“Don’t daydream so much, your thoughts make it hard for me to concentrate,” his husky voice whispered in her ear causing the heat between them to intensify.

She expected to feel shocked or at least embarrassed by his revelation but far from it, instead she felt elated. He released her hand and walked her to the door.

“Amanda.”

She stopped walking and slowly turned to look at him, a smile on her lips.

“We have three more weeks.”

She nodded and left the room.

Published 
Written by Vana
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments