Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Lowenna: The Secrets Of Light And Darkness. Chapter 9

"has anyone wandered what hapend to Jibranz?"

6
7 Comments 7
939 Views 939
1.2k words 1.2k words
Chapter 9 Darcariel queen of Hymdale

The sun had just risen when Darcariel awoke. She allowed the silk sheets to slide off her naked body as she walked to the balcony to see her city. She stood there, looking down at the streets and buildings with a smile on her face and a gleam in her eye. Everything she could see, from the palace gardens to the slums at the edge of the city, from the temple of the bright light to the hidden gold volts, everything was all hers now.

The nine lords, installed by the king, had at first, not wanted to give up their power and leadership of the city. At least not until they had met her. She smiled smugly. She always got what she wanted. That was her power. The lords still sat as the council, made the laws and governed the people. Darcariel had no patience for that boring kind of obligation. She preferred ordering people about. All were happy to do her bidding. After all did they not love her?

Unfortunately, one of the lords had not met her with the others and had written a letter to the king's adviser, warning of a possible shift of power and a threat to the throne before she had met him. He admitted what he had done as soon as she had asked while looking into his eyes. Darcarial had lost her temper, and then had dealt with the Lord, but now she had to appoint someone to take his place. "Just another minor inconvenience," she thought. She was sure if the king or any of his advisers did come to her city she was sure she could persuade them to join her. They would all learn to love her.

There was a knock at the grand wooden door which led into her bed chamber. The guards knew not to disturb her unless it was important. Darcariel left the balcony and sat on the edge of her bed.

The room was grand, with beautiful art and mirrors adorning three of the four walls, rows of impressive outfits hung from the other. There were also several tables and displays against one of the walls, and all but one had her gems and jewelry. The final table was plain and tucked in the corner.

On it were several unusual items. In a glass box was a magic red ring, with its old owner's finger still attached, a board with several locks of different hair, a daemon’s eye, twenty-three wedding rings hanging on a gold chain, a curved long red bladed dagger, and more. These were her trophies. She enjoyed looking at them now and again and laughed, There was also a box under the table full of other trinkets and other items, but these weren't as impressive as the ones on show.

There was a second knock at the door. Darcariel twisted a lock of her long black hair around her finger. She didn't bother covering up her beautiful body. "Enter," she stated still smiling to herself.

The door opened, and Jibranz came into her chambers. He was wearing his new gold armour. How proud he was to be wearing the queen's choice. He had spent hours shining it up so his queen could see her reflection in it. As he entered, he bowed his head so he couldn't look at his queen. These were her rules unless she told him otherwise. Jibranz had briefly thought about his family, his parents and his wife to be. He didn’t miss them, as his queen had told him to stay close to her, so that is exactly what he had done. He knew they would be missing him, but that didn’t really matter anymore.

Another man followed Jibranz. He looked scared as he followed the golden armoured guard into the room. He glanced down as not to see the queen. His hair was untidy, and there was grey stubble on his chin. The man wore an old brown tunic, a simple brass wedding ring, and scuffed sandals. Jibranz had bound the prisoner’s hands together and towed the man behind him with a thin chain, connected to a collar set with a gemstone.

Darcariel smiled when she saw him trembling. He didn't look up, staring at the floor. She could smell the fear on him. "This man was caught trying to steal food and goods from your kitchen," Jibranz stated.

"Is this true?" Darcariel asked the man, who was shaking uncontrollably.

"My wife and young son are starving," The man started to explain.

"That is not what I asked," Darcariel replied, the smile on her lips turning cruel. She always liked this part. She moved her finger down her neck to her chest, lightly stimulating her skin "Look at me when you speak."

The man slowly raised his head until he could see her. He stopped shaking, and his mouth just hung open. He stood there completely still as his mind slowly went blank like a fog had just enveloped very thing he knew.

"Now I asked you a question, did you try and steal from my kitchen?" Darcariel asked again.

"Yes my Queen," the man answered, a small smile now showing on his vacant face.

Darcariel got up from the bed and went over to a table. She took hold of a small silver dagger, "Do you love me?" she asked the prisoner.

"With all my heart my Queen," the man replied.

"Guard, remove his collar and bonds," she instructed, as she twisted and played with the dagger holding its point on her finger, watching a single drop of blood form. Jibranz followed the queen's orders and then took a step back from the men.

Darcariel licked the drop of blood off her finger seductively, then walked over to the man who was still just standing there unable to move. "I want your wedding ring,” she said to him, and the man hurriedly took it off handing the simple brass ring to his queen, “This is for you," she said as she passed him the dagger.

The man for the first time took his eyes off Darcariel and looked at the blade before returning his gaze to Darcarial, "Thank you my Queen." he replied, as he took it, sounding more like a child than a man.

Darcariel smiled and looked coldly into the man’s eyes, "I want you to take that dagger, kill your wife and son, then stab it into your own heart, prove that you love me. Tell no one about your charge, and you will have earned my gratitude."

The man nodded slowly, "Yes my queen." he replied, still looking at Darcariel, with wide loving eyes.

"Go then!" She snapped, impatiently.

The man turned slowly not wanting to take his eyes off her, before leaving the room quickly, heading out to prove his love for his queen.

Jibranz bowed at Darcarial, before turning to follow the man out of the chamber. "And where do you think you are going?" Darcariel asked Jibranz, "Take off your clothes." she ordered not giving the handsome Jibranz a chance to reply. Jibranz obeyed, as Darcariel slid her naked body back onto the bed. "You’re a good little soldier aren't you?”

“Yes my queen,” Jibranz replied with a small smile on his face.”

“Make love to your Queen," she ordered him, "I'm in need of some entertainment."

Published 
Written by rbo
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments