Ask and Answer

last reply
3.5k replies
652k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They would probably look at our total lack of understanding of ourselves and our inability to make choices based on reality and think of us like a funny unreal comedy like WWA Wrestling or the Three Stooges. The ratings on the alien transmissions of the last American GOP debate rates as 3rd biggest comedy in Earth history.

If Extraterrestrials came to Earth, how bad would it be for Earth?
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
0 likes
Bad, either they are here to destroy us, or the extremists will destroy us. Many still believe they don't exist and will structurely collapse, there will be fear and anarchy because of the fear of the unknown.

When is it alright to hold a mistake over a friend's head and guilt trip them with everything?
Lurker
0 likes
It is never right but you sometimes can't help them feel the pain that they caused you for their mistake. Human we are.

Does it matter when one person looked down on you?
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate

Does it matter when one person looked down on you?

Sometimes it matters, yes, sometimes it doesn't. The circumstances around it vary each and every time.

It can be a power trip or way to bully someone, and if it's in a job situation, for example, it can matter greatly and have truly negative effects.

On the other hand, when the stakes are not important, or the person isn't, it can be a matter of knowing inside yourself that you are indifferent to the snub.

Still, no matter which way it goes, it takes energy to handle it.

Why do people shoplift items they do not need or want, and could actually pay for if they needed or wanted them?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Stealing of any kind, I've never been able to fathom. Unless you need to steal to live or support a loved one, it's a silly way to make a living. I think a lot of shoplifters do it for the rush, that feeling of euphoria when they actually manage to get away with it. That feeling in itself can be addictive, so maybe the root of the problem lies in addiction. They're simply addicted to adrenaline.

If shoplifters are addicted to adrenaline, why can't they find some other way to channel it?
Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^=
0 likes
Why would they want to channel in other way when the easiest way is to steal. though if they are addicted they should play some sports or games, which might work. But as studies show that 1/3 of shoplifters are going through the depression (). I think they need to consult psychiatric and monitor what they are doing.

Ever heard about the twinsouls? if yes, did you find yours? if No, what you think about it?
Lurker
0 likes
Yes but I havent meet mine yet.

Does the world have more than just black and white?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I think so... In fact, I know so. The world is full of colour, metaphorically and physically. It's a shame that a lot of people don't appreciate it.

Have you ever just stopped what you're doing to appreciate the beauty in something?

=^.^=
0 likes
Yes, I have, I do it frequently, and if the situation warrants it, I'll take a photograph.

Have you ever woken up laughing from a dream?
Lurker
0 likes
No that I remember.

You remember your dreams?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rarely, but I often do my nightmares.

Have you ever met someone so handsome/beautiful that you could not speak well?
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Lurker
0 likes
yes i have and when i did mange to make a sentence i had a froydian slip

whats the worse pick up line you ever used on someone
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Was your father a thief? 'Coz someone stole the stars from the sky to put in your eyes.

What's the best pick up line you used when you first meet your wife/husband?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It was not really a pickup line. It was just a statement of truth. I said, "You are the perfect person for me and if you think I am for you, then we should get married." Four dates later we were engaged.

Do you think marriage is becoming an outdated concept since people are living so long? Why?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think so... Because if the person is Mr./Ms. Right for you, then you should get marry. But now a day's no one really know the meaning behind be married to each other.

Would you ever get marry at a young age?
0 likes
I can't ..i am old already.

How often you think of going back and doing things differently?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have not in more than three decades. I realize that to change my past in any way would change who I am today, and I like who I am now.

Which friend on Stores Space would you like to meet in person?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I'd like to meet my friend Roland..

If SS sponsored an annual meet and greet in different locales, would you go?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hell yes, but I understand why many members wish to remain anonymous.

How would you like to be forced into a mental ward 'for your own good?'
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
No, thanks. If I elected to have myself committed, then yeah, I'd be cool, but nobody else gets to take my freedom and claim it's for my benefit... And yet voluntarily I go to work every day. That's like being in an asylum. Or a zoo, sometimes.

If you could lob an ax at someone, who would it be?

=^.^=
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The child abuser I've had to deal with, would not aim for the head on his shoulders though...

If you could spend a day with someone from storiesspace, who would it be and what would you do?
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I have met several blue and red members. Each one treasured.

What is the favorite story/poem that you have posted?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I have lots of favourites, but I think The Deep Dark Woods is my ultimate favourite. I spent ages on it for a competition and got an EP for it, so it can't be all bad. I like the way it's written from the perspective of the woods. It's somewhat unique, I think.

What is weirdness?

=^.^=
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Almost anything I like. I almost never like those thing that people call normal. I am weirdness personified.

I am a Christian and very spiritual. I believe in the loving, caring and inclusiveness that Christianity stands for, but not the hateful, bigotry or exclusiveness that many people have brought to the church. I do not flee in discuss, as many have, I stay and fight to win back the church to what it should be.
What is your view of God?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Pure fiction. A multi-trillion dollar industry. Religion is a product of mankind. Impure and conveniently interpreted at will.

If there is a God, why is there no mention of our brothers and sisters on other planets.
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher

If there is a God, why is there no mention of our brothers and sisters on other planets.

Dang it, your question is a slippery, twofold conundrum, containing a hypothetical question that must be answered before taking up the following unknowable one.

So, in reply, having put your reply in context, there is not, for me, any response to your post that would not entail an uncountable number of pages, words, suppositions, arguments, counter arguments, disagreements and basic free for all punch ups, which more or less sums up a great deal of human history, recent, not so recent, historical, ancient, pre-historical, archaelogical and hypothetically constructed on the part of so-called academics and experts who probably don't get outside all that much.

Is that clear? Simple, yes or no.

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by gypsy
Quote by Dreamcatcher

Dang it, your question is a slippery, twofold conundrum, containing a hypothetical question that must be answered before taking up the following unknowable one.

So, in reply, having put your reply in context, there is not, for me, any response to your post that would not entail an uncountable number of pages, words, suppositions, arguments, counter arguments, disagreements and basic free for all punch ups, which more or less sums up a great deal of human history, recent, not so recent, historical, ancient, pre-historical, archaelogical and hypothetically constructed on the part of so-called academics and experts who probably don't get outside all that much.

Easy for you to say.. but reading between the lines, I believe what you are saying is that true knowledge can only be achieved by proper organization of the cold storage racks in 7-11 stores and that gas prices are the truest reflection of man's inhumanity to man.

I'll ask a simpler question.. if a star died 1000 years ago but its light still shines from earth, is that what Einstein meant when he theorized relativity?
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher
Quote by gypsy
Quote by Dreamcatcher

Easy for you to say.. but reading between the lines, I believe what you are saying is that true knowledge can only be achieved by proper organization of the cold storage racks in 7-11 stores and that gas prices are the truest reflection of man's inhumanity to man.

I'll ask a simpler question.. if a star died 1000 years ago but its light still shines from earth, is that what Einstein meant when he theorized relativity?

In a word, no.

Do humans like to dance because it is the closest they will ever come to being able to physically, personally, slip the bounds of gravity and fly?
0 likes
Evidently, I been dancing wrong because I never get close to flying. Got close to catching fire though, so maybe I'm the other type of dancing, being red hot!

Do you create things?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Yes. I once created a wax bean and okra casserole.

Would you allow a computer chip to be installed inside you?