Forum Game...Define the word above...

last reply
140 replies
26.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Brotheliosis - n. Intense fear of chicken and/or vegetable broth.

"She suffered from brotheliosis, so unfortunately she never ate soup."

Opinbanoo
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SittingBallerina
Brotheliosis - n. Intense fear of chicken and/or vegetable broth.

"She suffered from brotheliosis, so unfortunately she never ate soup."

Opinbanoo

The act of voicing a banned opinion in a guarded or secretive manner.

"She voiced her opinbanoo to a select group of confidantes "

gurlangishled
Lurker
0 likes
Bumping this thread back to the first page...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gurlangishled: suffering from an overwhelming desire to eat pickled onions.

She was so gurlangishled, that she decided to rob the deli of its entire stock of pickled onions in broad daylight.

Hopstackleboned
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurker
0 likes
Hopstackleboned: from 'hopstacklebone' a Medieval dance from Central Europe that flourished in rural areas. Research reveals that entire villages would engage in mass dances, the participants are then said to have hopstackleboned.

"We hopstackleboned the night away".

berasytalisation
Lurker
0 likes
bump...
0 likes
berasytalisation- a sense of confustion

It is quite the oxymoron when I dont know what berasytalisation is. (Now paradox)

Oxyparademic
0 likes
Oxyparamedic - a branch of emergency health care providers who deal exclusively with sudden outbreaks of oxydisation in certain people.

A crisis was safely averted earlier today when a sudden outbreak of heat induced oxydisation disrupted the weekly outing of the Safety First Ice-Cream Eating Society. Due to a suspicious vat of pistachio chocolate chip ice cream, berasytalisation, the first symptom of the condition, was observed by an off duty Oxyparamedic practitioner who happened to be passing by. All 89 members of the Safety First Ice-Cream Eating Society afflicted were quickly given treatment.

Florengatious
0 likes
Florengatious- allegic to florists

When I step into a flower shop, my Florengatious doesnt act up until the florist stepped near me.

Alligamtrum
0 likes
Alligantrum - a powerful spray sedative used to pacify alligators who have been accidentally released in flower shops.

While looking for a nice bunch of flowers, I needed to use the emergency tin of Alligantrum I carry with me, upon discovering an alligator disguised as a bouquet of marigolds, which I had tried put in my shopping basket.

Portalium
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Portalium (lat.) - Ancient sea port in the Aegean Sea noted for it's monocotyledonous flowering plants. Loosely translated as Harbor of Onions.

While excavating the ruins of the town of Portalium, there was a pungent smell of onions and garlic all over the dig.

Cardibuoyst
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
0 likes
Cardibuoyst - Safety device to save hearts that are on the verge of breaking or drowning in a sea of tears.

When Meredith heard the sad news, the Cardibuoyst inflated in his chest, keeping his heart safely above a sea of salt tears.

Garnalacticity
0 likes
Garnalacticity- Electric conductors made form Garnets

Ever since they discovered the Garnlalcticity, my light bill has been more affordable.

balmbunglo
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Balmbunglo -> Balm-Bun-Glo (Trademark name) Clever topical application for baked goods that makes them glow in the dark. Sandwiches will never be lost at a dark camp ground.

The kids all squealed with delight when I put the Balmbunglo on their hamburger buns.

Doormites
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Lurker
0 likes
The Doormites were a mythical race of rodent-like creatures that hibernated for more than 300 days of a standard human year. However, upon awakening they would engage in ferocious acts of mating, eating and - the act from which they gained their name - chewing through and destroying any obstacle that prevented them gaining entry into any room. Sadly, the domestication of pets such as cats and dogs saw a rapid decline in the Doormite population and they are now believed extinct.

mamanumbulation
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
mama-numb-ulation : a word meaning your mama is numb from having a few too many drinks.

after the party, she was in a state of mamanumbulation

spilladelic
Lurker
0 likes
Spilladelic - a short-lived art movement that involved the throwing of any liquid substance from paint to petroleum, coffee to cake mixture - onto a canvas and allowing it to dry. Canvasses sold for obscene amounts of money. The renowned artist Jackson Pollock revived the movement to a small degree.

"The Spilladelic movement is evident in the works of Pollock"

funch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
funch: has a lot of, a freaking bunch

i have a funch of albums

waddlebabble
Lurker
0 likes
waddlebabble: a state of euphoria frequently affecting groups of young women, particularly in social settings. The condition is strongly linked to the consumption of large quantities of alcohol.

"Their waddlbabble was loud and raucous"

Beddlethrap
Lurker
0 likes
Beedlethrap: an ancient position within the Church hierarchy, which is now honorary and titular only. Previously the post involved acting as mediator in disputes between members of the clergy in the same parish or diocese and carried great weight and responsibility.

"The Beedlethrap made his decision, which was final and binding on both parties"

Cornsnarker
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cornsnarker

What do you get when you create a cheesegrater with an electric steam iron? Dr Antonio Speranzo from the Mayo Clinic, invented the Cornsnarker in 1992, to address those pesky growths of hardened yet waxy and flaky skin commonly afflicting human toes.

Only licensed dermatologists may operate a properly calibrated Cornsnarker, it is a delicate, precise tool in the hands of a seasoned professional and not something you ever find available for sale on eBay or Amazon.

Rendiloquist
Tell me a fact and I’ll learn. Tell me a truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever. I heard this from Steve Sabol about his father.