Hello all - meredith here

last reply
2 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Some of you I've already met by your kind words on some of my stories. A friend of mine recommended this site.

I'm sorry to say that I am here for purely selfish reasons, at least initially. You see I have an eight year old grand-daughter that I dearly adore. I have so many stories to tell her, but little girls don't want to sit and listen to an old man talk about the distant past when they want to play. I am currently working on constructing a brief memoir for her to read when I can no longer talk to her. I'm trying to hone my skills as a writer, write some of my stories, and by you warm comments, maybe I can complete my task. For that I thank all of you in advance.

Maybe, if I'm really lucky, I'll make a friend or two along the way. I think I have touched a few of you already.

Question for anyone how reads this. I purchased Dragon Software. Is anyone else using it and how do you like it?

Your humble servant
meredith

P.S. I'm certain you're wondering about the Avatar. It is Solomon Meredith, commander of the Iron Brigade. Hence my name....

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome, enjoy yourself. Nice to have you on board.
"No one knows when the final grain of sand will plummet through their own personal Hourglass." ~ CKAcres
"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."
"Scars of life are deeply etched within the minds of curious old souls."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Excellent reason, I'd say...
I'm sure you'll win victory after victory as you reap the rewards to which has no limit , nor does it decline...
In fact, I believe you have already succeeded just by putting it out there.
Enjoy the journey

Welcome
When You Don't Feel Like Smiling, Smile Anyway
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Welcome to our humble site here, and it sounds like you have a great reason to be here...leaving a memoir is a wonderful thing...

I'm not familiar with Dragon Software, but I do know that there are a couple of members here that use speech recognition software because they are visually impaired...

Anyway, any questions about the site, feel free to ask...with any luck, someone might even have an answer...

Cheers,
Alan.
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...