How about we 'Remember them' by writing a poem, story, anything, but post it before the eleventh day?
The only stipulation is that it should not be a fictional war story as such, i.e. The Nurses series. It should be written in honour of those who have served and fallen in any conflict.
It may be fiction or fact, long or short. It may include memories of war such as flashbacks or stories told to others but NOT just a war story
So, the rules:
1) Prefix title with Remembrance Challenge
2) No minimum or maximum word count but the normal rules regarding Micros or Flash Fiction still apply.
3) Suitable for all ages from a minimum 13+ meaning no obscene language, no gratuitous violence, no sex.
4) It must not have been published previously, here or anywhere else.
5) Is subject to all normal site rules not covered by the above.
So, what do you think? Shall we give it a go?
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943), 21 September 1914.
EDIT: Don't worry if you miss the deadline. It's still worth a try.
Stories so far:
The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspxIf anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana