Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Clousure Report (Lost Device/Sloan)

"Spin off from a larger story, report is internal and format this orginazation uses is 'story'"

0
0 Comments 0
925 Views 925
1.6k words 1.6k words
Closure Report (Lost Device/Sloan) Sep 2017/Karla/Archives
(Filched Ear & the Lost Whistle, Resolved)

At the time of Pinny’s birth it was said her mother was visited by three women (1) . One old, one middle aged and the last young. They claimed to be sisters. If that was true that would be very weird considering the age differences. But that is what was said. What else was said of the visit was just that it was strange because the three 'sisters' were strangers to the mother and strangers to Inverness. Further, the police were called, only because each woman had one say about the newborn in her mother’s arms, that went something like this:

"She's awfully small, sisters." The mid sister said.

"She's tiny, sisters." The oldest sister said.

"She'll do just fine, sisters." The youngest sister said.

But this isn't about the three sisters or what it was in the police report that says what they said. (2)

It's about Pinny.

Pinny had a brother five years older named Glitch (9) . They both suffered from the same malady, that being that they were both bullied at school because it was rumored to be that their mother was a whore. That and also the man living in the house, who was neither’s real father, was often drunk and would beat Glitch when he wasn't beating Pinny's mother and later after Glitch would run away would eventually take to beating Pinny too.

A few months into the spring, a couple of weeks or so after some man came into his home and filched Glitch's ear for no apparent provocation, Glitch was out bike riding far from home. He'd wanted to see how far he could get in a day before he actually ran away. He ended up making it all the way to the forest below Cowder Castle. Satisfied he stopped on the side of the road to rest and ended up finding a little tarnished whistle on the ground. He gave the thing a rubbing in his shirt to clean it up some before giving it a blow. It didn't seem to work. He gave it another blow and then another too. Still nothing. Well he decided he'd examine it at home and put it in his pocket. Then later as he was getting ready to leave these women started appearing all around him, popping up from thin air. They had knives, swords, spears and bows. Some even had guns strapped on too and they didn't look at all happy to see him. It was as if they were looking for someone else other than a young boy on a bike.

Eventually one of them approached and put out her hand. "Hand it over kid." The woman said.

"What?" Glitch asked. He clearly didn't know what she meant till she told him.

"The whistle." She said sternly with no smile. At which Glitch didn't argue, he just reached shyly into his pocket and offered her the whistle. But instead of taking it, the woman was given to stare at Glitch's missing ear. (5) Still not taking it, she went to converse with one of the other woman who was standing at the ready looking out like the others in the ring, as if something else might be there. Eventually the woman came back, looking as stern as before. Glitch was nervous. He was offering the thing back with no fuss.

"You can keep it under one condition." The woman told him.

Glitch gulped.

"You never ever ever use it again unless you're in very very serious trouble. Got it Kid!" The woman warned. Glitch nodded with another gulp. The woman gave a small nod back and then walked back to the one she'd talked to, after which he'd see that one nod to all the others who were always keen to keep an eye on her before they all started vanishing away. (3&4)

By the time Glitch was rolling back up to his house in Inverness, he figured he had at least one of his dilemma's about running away solved. A week later, on the day he was leaving, he went to his little sister's room. He told her that he was leaving, running away. Pinny started to cry. She didn't want Glitch to go, she really didn't. Glitch told her sister to hold out her hand. When she did he took her wrist with one hand and with the other he put the tarnished whistle there in her upturned palm and told her that if she ever got into any serious trouble to blow on it and help would come. He didn't offer his little sister any details, other than it had to be very very serious trouble or she'd be in more serious trouble than that. Glitch then made her promise before he let her have it. Which she did. Then Glitch left. His other dilemma still unresolved, because his mother loved him, and he her, but there was nothing he could do for that. (9)

About five years later after Glitch left, Pinny came home from school and learned from her mother's boyfriend, that her mother had died in some sort of household accident. It had been merely a notification is all as he told her he wanted dinner and she'd have to do all the other stuff in the house her mother normally did. That had been a very terrible day for Pinny, but the next day was worse. When she woke she found no breakfast and when she dared ask about it her mother's boyfriend yelled at her and threatened to strap her with his belt before he let her go off to school with the wrong books and in all the wrong clothes and with not a penny for lunch.

At school it had been little different for the little waif. Usually some of the bullies there would pester Pinny and sometimes punched her, tripped her, or even pushed her down while telling her, her mother was a whore. This time though they did all those things and told her too that her mother was a dead whore, and just she wait till lunch.

Now Pinny had taken to carrying the tarnished whistle on a string about her neck not soon after Glitch had left. Her Mother's boyfriend had always been cruel to her behind her mother's back and it became progressively worse after Glitch left, because she had no one else to share this cruelty with. It was the same at school too. Before her brother used to be able to drop her off and pick her up, and have a talk with an occasional bully. But now she was on her own, however never once did she pull out the whistle and blow it after he left. It had to be very very serious trouble her brother had warned her or the trouble for blowing on it would be ever so much worse. So she just didn't do it. Besides, she promised.

This time though Pinny did use the whistle when they came to get her out in the school yard during lunch. They came in a big throng. Some to watch, some to punish, some to only wish they could help, but they couldn't or wouldn't. She knew it was going to be bad so she wasted no time. She pulled out her whistle and began to blow and blow but not a sound came out. Most of the other children just laughed at her desperation till the bullies started in on her with their poking and punching and knocking Pinny down, telling her they could and would do as they please now that her whore mother was dead. Still Pinny kept blowing on the whistle because she just couldn't believe her brother would have lied to her and that no help would come.

Well help did come. Six tall women came. Carrying weapons both strapped and in hand. They started popping up here and there in the school yard and most all the other children ran, especially the bullies. One of the woman walked up to Pinny and saw the tarnished whistle hanging free about her neck and asked the girl her name and where she lived. Pinny told her both as she sat on the ground wiping a tear from her eye. The woman walked away to confer with another who talked on a phone. (8) A minute or so later when the sound of sirens were beginning to fill the air, the woman calmly walked back and asked for the girl's hand. Then all six of the woman started to slowly vanish away. Pinny did to. (6&7)

/End Report/

Entries by occurrence in narrative/ as acquired.

1. Record of birth offications attended by Weird Sisters. (Chronological order. No dates. Name and Place only). "Pinny/Inverness".
2. Local Investigative report. Inverness/Scotland. Strange visit by three women at the baby's ward. Inverness Hospital. (Dec 29, 2008).
3. Initial Lost Device Report/Sloan/Cowder Castle. Requested by ACDR Jan, Prepared by Ops (14 Feb, 2012) Note. 'fuck you Jan'. In the margins.
4. Security Tm After Action Report from rapid deployment incident. (5 Mar, 2012).
5. Recent Norn lore re. Sloan/Cowder Castle Incident. (8-14 Feb, 2012).
6. Interview with Pinny at holding area. (14 Feb, 2017).
7. Security Tm After Action Report from rapid deployment incident. (14 Feb, 2017).
8. Ops log on instant verifications/Inverness requested by TL, ref. Pinny. (same as above).
9. Interview (Clandestine) with Glitch aboard HMS Dauntless on station vic. the Falkland Islands. (20 Sep, 2017).

Copies: (9)

1. WS (1)
2. CoS (1)
3. Ops (1)
4. Supply (1)
5. Palmalla (Indi TL) (1)
6. Tori Sloan (Indi. Hold pending contact) (1)
7. Cdr. Minerva Rgt. /Personnel File/Pinny/Spear Maiden in tng (1)
8. Disciplinary File/Jan/Former Acting Cmdr./Former Protocol Chief. (1)>>> Reinstated. (bitch)
9. Archives (1)

Published 
Written by sfe
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors