Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Opposites

2
2 Comments 2
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.2k words 1.2k words
Chapter 7 - The Fight 

And there I was, going to meet my uncle. This wouldn’t be my first fight, but most certainly it would be my last one. I knew that I didn’t need to go too far to find the vampires again, they were after me. I just needed to walk around, they would come and I wasn’t wrong. About half an hour later there he was.

“So, you are alone today,” he spoke.

“So are you,” I said.

He smiled at me wickedly. I just wanted him to take me to where my uncle was.

“Aren’t you going to take me to my uncle?” I questioned.

He got closer to me, still with that smile on his face.

“Yes, and this time it’ll be the last time. You will not escape me anymore,” he said.

“That’s kind off the point why I’m here alone. I want you to take me to him, I need to talk to him,” I told him.

He grabbed my arm and start walking up the street. After a fifteen minute walk we could see a mansion on the top of the hill. The house looked abandon and old from the outside, all the windows where cover with thick dark curtains, but as we enter the house, the view was completely different. It looked like a brand new house. He took me to the central room and there, in the middle of the room, was just one person facing the closed windows, we didn’t pass more then one step from the door.

“You can leave now, Dario.” The man spoke without looking at us.

So his name was Dario. He left the room and closed the door, after a few seconds the man turn and faced me.

“Hello, I finally meet my niece. Susan right?” he said, looking at me.

I didn’t move, I knew that he was mocking me.

“Where are my parents?” I asked.

He started walking in my direction, I look into his eyes they were blue. Just great, he could control water.

“Oh no, let’s not start there, sweetheart,” he said.

“Don’t call me that,” I told him, still not moving an inch.

I was a bit afraid, he had a lot more experience with his powers then me, but I couldn’t let him notice that. He was now just a step away from me.

“Look at those eyes, so unusual for one of us to have two colors. Very impressive, fire and air.” He spoke while trying to reach my face with his hand

“Don’t act all friendly, I know that you want to get rid off me,” I said, dodging his hand.

“Well I don’t have to get rid off you if you stay by my side dear niece,” he proposed.

“I would never do that. Now tell me what you did to my parents,” I answered.

“You will have to defeat me before you find out about the idiots you call parents. And even with two powers you will lose against me. So I will tell you one more time, stay on my side,” he said.

“You have over confidence uncle. I will NEVER stay on your side,” I told him.

I closed my eyes. It was now or never. I had to be able to separate my energy from the energy of my powers, and in seconds I had a flame in my right hand in front of me, and my left hand hided behind my back with a tiny tornado waiting.

“Fire doesn’t affect me. I will extinguish it with some water,” he said.

Water appeared just in front of him, coming in my direction. I closed my eyes again, and switched hands. The tornado got bigger and gathered the water. But he was too strong for me. I barely could stay in control of the tornado.

“You are an idiot, just like your mother and father,” he said.

I though on and add fire to the tornado, but the water was way to strong it would do nothing. My uncle was getting closer to me, and the tornado was being control by the water it was coming in my direction. Just in seconds I was hit and throw to the floor. All my powers went off, and I new that I lost control of all of them when the water hit the my tornado and start to take over. I also knew that by now my mind control on Sariel was long gone, he was probably on his way to find me. I needed it to finish this once and for all before he founded here I was. My hand reached for the pocket where I had put the stone.

My uncle was right there, he bent down and one of his hands grabbed my neck, making impossible for me to breath.

“Like I said, you are an idiot and you are going to die now,” he said.

I barely could control the air, but it was enough for me to not suffocate, and still be able talk.

“You will never win, uncle,” I said.

“What are you saying child? Don’t you see that I’m winning already?” He spoke with a victorious tone.

“No you are not. You are just where I needed you to be,” I told him.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

We were facing each other. I brought my right hand to my face, where it was pointed directly to his eyes. Before I open my hand to reveal the stone, I heard someone’s footsteps by the door that had just been open. I made an effort to look in that direction, hoping that it was not him. And there he stood—Sariel had found me.

“I’m sorry.” Those were the only two words that I could say to him.

Then I turned my face to look at my uncle once more. My hand was just on top of my eyes, covering them.

“SUSAN DON’T DO THAT! PLEASE!” I heard Sariel screaming.

I opened my hand I barely could see anything. But a bright light surrounded all the room with a warm wave. The hand that was holding my neck disappeared. All my energy was gone. I couldn’t even open my eyes or move. I had a weird sensation on my right hand.

“What did you do Susan?” Sariel whispered.

Sariel was close to me now, I felt his hands lift my head off the ground and softly land on his lap, he took my hand from my face gently.

I couldn’t even talk to him. I felt something wet falling in my face. Was he crying?

“I’m sorry, I failed to protect and help you,” he continued.

No, idiot, why was he thinking that? If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t even be able to fight or control my powers, but with my energy drained I couldn’t tell him that he was wrong. This was so frustrating being there knocked out but still being able to listen everything around.

Published 
Written by Suanne
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments