Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
For The Want of a Checklist

"Everyone should make a list..."

8
7 Comments 7
924 Views 924
319 words 319 words

Day and Night? Check.

Sky, Atmosphere, Outerspace? Check.

Land, Seas, Plants? Check.

Sun, Moon, Stars? Check.

"Well, I think that's everything."

"So what happens now?"

"We go home and rest."

"What do you mean home? This is home now."

"Nope. Home is the place we created on the Second Day."

"Really? For some reason, I expected this job to take longer."

"I don't know why you think that. This is everything in the contract. See?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I see you scratched out all the things on the contract so we must be done....Hey, wait a minute. Where's pages five and six? You went from page four to page seven where we go home and rest."

"Really? Let me see that...Damn! Where's the rest of it?"

"Is that it under the log?"

"Well, that's page five anyway. Let's get started on that."

"Okay. Shouldn't take more than a day."

o0o

"There we go. All done. I guess it's a good thing we found page five. Without the birds and bees and other little critters, the work we did on Day Three would have all died or they would have crowded each other out someday. Having birds, bees, and other little critters creates an auto-regulated environment. He won't have the same problems as the first one He designed."

"What are we going to do about page six?"

"Nothing. Take a look around you. This is perfect and, as you know, He is all about perfection. If we add anything else to this, it will get overly complicated and it'll just be more trouble than its worth."

"Yeah, you're right. Did you notice that every time He designs one of these that He creates a more complicated thing than the one before?"

"Yes, we're doing Him a favor by losing page six. This is perfect. Let's go home and get some rest now."

"Page seven rest?"

"Check."

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments