Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
On the eve of war

1
1 Comment 1
520 Views 520
212 words 212 words

The time had come to put away their childish ways. Their days filled with banter and playful ways were done. The sowing and reaping over, the storehouses full. All of it a distant memory now, the time for war had come. The faint echo of troops clamoring could be heard as if an echo on the wind. 

The barbarian hoards had claimed the mountain pass as their birthright, but beyond them was a foe even greater. Soon the passes and fields would be filled with blood, soaking the earth as if to replenish the land itself in the circle of life.

The leaders of the five great houses prepared their troops and as they walked the lines they could see the faces of so many that had not been with them in the last Great War. Their faces fresh and untested. Eager and ready they displayed their fortitude in their appearance and resolve. Dotted among them were the battle-tested from the last Great War. All were ready to give the ultimate sacrifice if needed.

Soon the dogs of war would be unleashed and everything in their path would fall by their swords. Soon they would be heroes or part of the circle of life. Today the land would have its price paid.

 

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments