Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Empty Room

7
5 Comments 5
1.6k Views 1.6k
299 words 299 words
"I love you" softly whispering to him, the warm tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I know you do baby and I care for you," whispering back, pulling me close to him and holding me tight.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing baby, I just don't want you anymore," kissing my cheek, before pulling away.

Feeling a pain in my heart, thinking back, trying to figure out where it all changed. Looking into the eyes of the man I love, only to find out he just "cares" for me. When did he fall out of love?

"Baby?" that's all it takes for him to bring me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" clearing my throat, not wanting to break down crying.

"Do you remember what you told me?"

Wincing a little, remembering, knowing exactly what he means. "Yes... I remember."

"Go on" twirling a few strands of my hair around his finger before placing it behind my ear.

Looking away, not wanting to see his face, "If there was ever a time you didn't want to be with me anymore; all you had to do was tell me, I would respect your decision and walk away."

"That's a good girl, now look at me."

Softly sobbing, "But.." before I can finish, his finger is on my lips.

"Shhh, not another word." Leaning close, kissing my neck before whispering in my ear, “Baby I don't love you anymore; I've made up my mind."

Hoping this is all a dream, "Ok babe, I'll walk away."

"No baby" grabbing a tissue, wiping away my tears, "I'm walking away for you, now close your eyes."

Closing my eyes, I feel him move away from me.

Finally,the sound of my door opening and closing.

Taking a deep breath, I open my eyes to an empty room.

Published 
Written by Callisto
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments