Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Hide and Seek

"Based off the first picture."

8
8 Comments 8
2.7k Views 2.7k
349 words 349 words
I run into the bright forest with the leaves fluttering down. I look over my shoulder, laughing, to see if my friend follows me. When I turn my head to look forward, I run into a wall. Wait, not a wall, but a very tall thin man, wearing a suit and tie, with a blank face. He reaches down and gives me a hand and helps me up. He bends down to me, after I am on my feet and hands me a single flower. I grab it and put it in my hair. It was a small, simple white flower, but it stood out in my raven black hair.

I ask him simply, “Do you want to play Hide and Seek?” He nods his head yes and I tell him to go hide and I will count. I cover my eyes on one of the trees near me and start counting, “One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, TEN! Ready or not here I come!” With that I start to search for him. I look for him for more than 3 hours. When I finally find him, he is hiding in the brambles.

He motions for me to go hide. I run and hide inside a big tree. I stand very still, listening to him count. I don’t hear his voice, but I hear it in my mind. When he finishes, I see him walk around the clearing through a hole in the tree, looking for me. He walks toward my hiding place and stands next to it.

My mind hears him as he mutters to himself, “I wonder where she went?”

I start to giggle and clamp my hand over my mouth, but he finds me. I jump out of the tree laughing and dancing. He takes my hand and we walk together away from the way that I came. I look up at him as we walk from the area smiling and laughing innocently.

He whispers in my head “We will become very close child and you will learn what fun we can have.”
Published 
Written by PurplePanda101
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments