Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Philena- Valentine's Day

"A happy Valentine's Day story..."

2
3 Comments 3
1.3k Views 1.3k
280 words 280 words
Her heart flutters in her chest- this year she wasn't there, this year Adam was here. This year would be different- would be happier. He had something planned- she didn't know what, but the way he was it was something romantic.

She walks to her locker to find it open with flowers- five white roses, her favorites, and one red one at the center- a heart-shaped box of chocolates, and an Adam standing next to it, smiling and holding an envelope.

She rushes and hugs him, smiling and giggling, "Oh, Adam, it's beautiful! How'd you manage this? I thought you were working!" He'd been on a special job at the southern end of the country and wasn't supposed to be back until early morning.

"Finished early, caught an early flight... dropped by my favorite store to get the most beautiful woman in the world some flowers she could teach to be pretty."

They kiss- gentle, loving, and soft, then he hands her the envelope.

Inside is the most touching valentine ever, and a note saying they had a 7 o'clock reservation for the most expensive, extravagant restaurant in town.

"Oh! But I've nothing to wear..."

"You'll find something, just look."

***

Laid out on the bed when she got home was a simple, yet elegant, violet floor length dress. Silver accents were laid out as branching, intricate lines creating a natural winding belt just under where her breasts would be. The shoes weren't too high and had the same accenting silver, but up her ankle and around.

That night there was a ring at the center of her slice of Valentine's Day cake.

Adam asked her to marry him.

She said yes.

Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments