Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ponder - Chapter 3 The Couple

0
0 Comments 0
1.2k Views 1.2k
387 words 387 words
Dizziness struck, everything swaying around him, it was hard to stay balanced. He staggered over to the wall for support, suddenly a surge of sharp pain in his head. The world around him almost like static on a TV fuzzy and sporadic, the feeling of blood ran down the back of his neck dripping to the floor. He rushed to a drawer to find any sort of wrapping, after locating a roll of linen he wrapped it around his head a few times securing it with a safety pin.

Upon turning around he saw two figures standing on the other side of the window looking into the nursery, they looked like a young couple. One of them was a rather tall man with fair hair wearing glasses and a polo shirt, the woman a few inches shorter than the man, was a brunette wearing a casual dress and she also wore glasses. They were looking in on the babies laying wrapped up in the beds, but they didn’t seem to notice the head wrapped boy at all. He tapped on the window but he could not attract their attention.

He decided to meet the couple in the hallway, but as he walked through the double doors of the nursery he found himself not in the hallway but somewhere completely different.

A small dark room, the walls a bright blue, again very clean with several stuffed animals laid atop shelves and on the floor. In the center of the room sat a cradle, in it was a baby wrapped up in a blanket sound asleep. Further inspection of the room showed a dresser with a small mirror, he rushed over to take a look at himself but to his surprise there was no reflection of himself at all. It was as if he was invisible, though lifting up his hands he could see himself perfectly fine, he just couldn’t see his own reflection. Still confused he wondered; pondered who he was.

A frame rested on the dresser upon looking at it, seemed to be a poem:

Brought to this world I wander
place to place for new sights
its enough for make me to ponder
will I find meaning in my life? Even the slightest?

He can’t get the word out of his head, ponder…

Published 
Written by Phyznix
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors