Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ponder - Chapter 6 The Searing Pain

1
0 Comments 0
1.1k Views 1.1k
300 words 300 words
Ponder honestly felt bad for the boy. He just watched as he tried to retrieve his stuffed animal from the other older children who were throwing it back and forth from each other. No one was coming over to help, no one to intervene. Ponder knew he couldn't do anything, no one could see him, he couldn't interact with anything besides the doors, he was just a spectator in this world.

Suddenly a whistle blew, meaning recess was over, all the kids started to make their way back to the double doors. The children with the stuffed animal tossed it back to the boy. And walked away. The boy brushed off his stuffed dog then with his head down, began to slowly walk back to the school.

Ponder was distraught at what he saw, he thought to himself why he had to witness this, but suddenly Ponder began to feel dizzy with the pain in his head returning. His surroundings began to fade to black, the kids, the playground and even the school.

Ponder was now completely surrounded by blackness. He felt around trying to find some object to lean against, but to no prevail. He felt as if he was in some dark abyss of never ending darkness. Another sharp pain followed by the feeling of warm blood trickling down the back of his scalp brought Ponder to his knees, clutching his head.

He felt as if his head was going to explode, the pain was so intense. At this point the bandage wrapped around his head was drenched in blood, nothing but a soggy piece of wrapping. He wanted it to stop, not just the pain, but this madness; he wanted his memories back, Ponder wanted his real life back. With these desperate thoughts Ponder fell into unconsciousness.

Published 
Written by Phyznix
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors