Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Solar System

"I wonder how they talk..."

11
10 Comments 10
1.0k Views 1.0k
199 words 199 words

 

Another usual weekend morning in the family. The Sun was cooking breakfast, while her children were in the family room.

 

Mercury, Venus, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto were noisily playing scrabble.

Mars was doing his school homework and get confused about something, so he asked, "Earth why is it your lands are more fertile than mine?"

Earth stopped her knitting and lifted her shoulder. "I don't know, Mars," was her only reply.

Scratching his head, Mars asked another question, this time to Jupiter. "Jupiter, are you married? Neptune and Saturn are they married too?"

"Neptune, Saturn and I are not married, why do you ask?" Jupiter patiently replied to his younger brother while reading his book. Saturn, smiling, lifted her head up to look at Mars and then back down at her drawings.

"Because Saturn and Neptune have rings." Mars was now even more confused than earlier.

The scrabble players were now heatedly arguing with each other.

"You're cheating!" Pluto accused Mercury

"No, I'm not cheating!" Mercury defensively replied. "You, just can't accept the word adopted, because it is you!" teased his brother.

"Kids, enough of that! Breakfast is ready!" their mother called.

They all lined up and behave properly.

Published 
Written by rune
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments