Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Exotic Display

4
4 Comments 4
1.3k Views 1.3k
213 words 213 words
Our family was finally getting our long awaited vacation to celebrate my sixteenth year. We were headed to the first artificial planet built after the Great Collapse. I had been teased by the digital brochure and tour videos since I was young enough to remember. But I would finally get my chance to see some of the rarest and most exotic species the galaxy has to offer. There's one in particular from the Earth of old, that was discovered to have the ability to recognize its reflection wasn't another creature, but merely its own replication showing strong signs of intelligence, and believed to be from a region just north of the African continent.

We arrived at Augustus Bay and were directed to our rooms. They were large open flats laying five hundred feet above the zoo's presentation cells, just shy of the creature's audible volume resonance. I unpacked as quickly as possible and sorted my belongs by the time of day they would be required, and sprinted for the elevator. It was a grueling decent. I had waited so long, and so long they had haunted my time of singularity. I hit the first display and the shock jolted through my circuits as the human child launched its self at the enclosed walkway.

Published 
Written by ShuttleMechanic
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments