Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Tomorrow: Chapter Seventeen

2
2 Comments 2
935 Views 935
342 words 342 words
As Adam knocks on Boss' door, he goes over the events of the previous day.

There wasn't anything to question about the actions of Chase Brickley. It was clear he needed much more than a stern talking-to from the school or his parents. He needed to realize that at his age of 18, he can- and will if Adam has anything to say about it- be tried for attempted rape and assault. Not to mention the very recent stabbing.

Philena had smiled- genuinely smiled at the little cafe. It may have disappeared rather quickly, but while it was present it lit up her face. Her eyes were brighter, her cheeks took on a faint blush. The room seemed to brighten as if it was happy for her too.

Any hint of happiness had left her face when they'd pulled up out front her house though.

Adam scowls as it replays in his mind.

Her stepfather had been waiting outside on the step and she shuddered, unzipped the jacket he had given her and handed it back over, looking at the floor, ignoring his questioning gaze. She got out of the car slowly, whispering "thank you" so quietly he almost didn't catch it. She quickly walked up the path toward her stepfather and flinched as he went to take her arm.

Adam had looked in the rearview a house away and saw her stepfather smile at her. The secrets hidden behind that smile made him sick.

"Come in, I said! Liechent, pay attention! I haven't got all morning!"

He turns the knob and steps inside, "My apologies, Boss." He stands in front of the desk awkwardly. Not quite certain he wants to sit down or not, but knowing three things.

One: What happened with Chase needed to be reported.

Two: Adam couldn't report it. Philena had to.

And Three: He had to get into her house and find some sort of evidence against the man that called himself her stepfather.

"Well? You seem like you need to tell me something. So tell me."
Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments