Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Woken

2
2 Comments 2
1.2k Views 1.2k
387 words 387 words
One day I decided to take a walk alone. My trails led me towards the river bank and the scenery was beautiful. The tall grass and the movement of the river looked as if they were painted gold from the sunset. My heart was melted at the sight... But what was I to do with such a gift?

For now I do not dare tell a soul. Suddenly branches had been snapped nearby, birds flew so fast into the sky. My heart panicked and grew anxious from what may appear before me until my body hid behind the tall grass. Rocks had scratches my knees and my fingers dug into wet dirt.

The world was silent for the moment. My breathing was loud like drums. The shape of a man caught my eye but I was no longer scared... What seemed like an eternity was the memory I'll remember forever. Until the man had gone, so did I.

Home was not so calm and full of excitement. Yet alone all a young woman like me could do was count the beats of my heart. And remember that one fine day. I traveled to the same area but my treasure had disappeared. Disappointment became the best friend to only remembering a memory...

What was the purpose of that day?

Perhaps my future... Or perhaps what I wanted deep inside... Maybe what I needed?

The symbol of man had taken my breath away and no longer did the happiness stayed. Sickness came and snatched away my health. On my final day I laid in one lonely bedroom full of white sheets. The wind was warm on my last time on the earth, I guess it was a gift?

A tear ran down my cheek and my throat had gulped the last cry I would ever have. I was going to die alone... Until the moment where I thought my heart was on its last skipped beat. The man who remained in my happy memory was before me and reached out to me. I could not speak and I could not cry. It was like everything was gone but came back to me when the man picked me up in his arms, staring down at my eyes.

I heard one sentence, "We live within each other."

Then I woke up.

Published 
Written by Kijo
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments