Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Fido's Tale

"A Criminal Is Turned Into A Dog."

1
1 Comment 1
122 Views 122
621 words 621 words

Karl had been a concentration camp guard during the Second World War. He was known for his cruelty and brutality towards the prisoners, and he took pleasure in their suffering. But when the war ended and he was captured, his life took a strange and unexpected turn.

The survivors of the concentration camp had decided that Karl deserved a punishment that was fitting for his crimes. They had hired a powerful witch to cast a spell on him, turning him into a living dog.

Karl was horrified when he woke up to find himself in his new form. He had been stripped of his humanity, his power, and his dignity. He was forced to eat scraps off the floor, sleep in a kennel, and obey every command his new masters gave him.

But as time went on, Karl found that being a dog had its advantages. He was no longer burdened by guilt or responsibility. He no longer had to make difficult decisions or answer for his crimes. All he had to do was follow his masters' commands and obey.

Karl's masters were the survivors of the concentration camp he had worked in. They had all suffered at his hands, and they took great pleasure in punishing him. They would make him perform tricks, dress him up in silly costumes, and force him to obey their every command.

Karl began to feel a sense of loyalty towards his new family, despite the fact that he was still a dog. He would wag his tail when they entered the room, and he would lick their faces when they played with him. But he could sense their hatred towards him, and he knew that he could never make up for the atrocities he had committed. At first, Karl resisted his new life as a dog. He growled and snapped at his handlers, refusing to submit to their will. But as the days passed, he began to realize the severity of his punishment. He had become what he had once considered inferior and unworthy of respect.

As time went on, Karl became more and more like a real dog. He learned to fetch, sit, and stay on command. He wagged his tail when he was praised and barked when he was scolded. He even found himself enjoying the simple pleasures of being a dog, like the feel of the wind in his fur and the warmth of the sun on his back.

Despite his transformation, Karl's victims did not show him mercy. They made sure he lived in conditions worse than the ones he had inflicted on them during the war. They gave him the name "Fido" and treated him like a mere pet, rather than a former human being.

Eventually, the day came when Karl's masters decided that they had had enough of his presence. They had never truly forgiven him for what he had done, and they believed that his punishment had not been severe enough.

In a fit of rage, they decided to end Karl's life. They beat him, starved him, and left him to die in a corner of his kennel. Karl, now Fido, whimpered and whined, unable to understand why his masters were treating him this way.

As he took his last breath, Fido couldn't help but wonder if this was the fate he truly deserved. Had he been punished enough for his crimes? Was being turned into a dog and living a life of misery and servitude really enough to make up for the pain and suffering he had caused?

In the end, Fido's fate was a tragic reminder of the horrors of war and the lasting impact they can have on both the victims and the perpetrators.

Published 
Written by swindonbloke
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments