Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Man With A Beehive For A Head

"A Man awakes with a Beehive replacing his Head."

3
2 Comments 2
191 Views 191
908 words 908 words

Chapter One:

Boris woke up one morning to find that his head had been replaced with a beehive. He couldn't believe his eyes as he tried to scream, but only a faint buzzing sound escaped his lips. Boris clawed at his face, trying to remove the hive, but the bees were too powerful, too alive. They swarmed around him, stinging him, and warning him to accept his fate. Boris had always known that something like this would happen. He had heard stories of people who had been transformed into insects, and he had always been afraid that he would be next. But he never thought that it would happen like this, without any warning, without any explanation.

Boris stumbled out onto the street, his vision blurry, his mind in a fog. He felt as if he was in a dream, a nightmare from which he couldn't wake up. As he looked around, he saw people staring at him in horror, their eyes wide with fear. Boris tried to speak, to tell them that he was still human, but all that came out was a faint buzzing sound. He knew that he had to find help, to find someone who could cure him of this curse. But where could he go? Who could he turn to?

Boris found himself drawn to the nearby gardens, where he saw flowers blooming in a riot of colours. Without knowing why, he flew towards the blossoms, his wings beating furiously. As he landed on the petals, Boris felt a surge of joy and ecstasy. The flowers seemed to welcome him, their sweet nectar beckoning him closer. Boris began to suckle on the nectar, his new tongue lapping it up eagerly. The bees on his body buzzed in excitement as he fed, and Boris felt a sense of belonging and purpose. He was no longer a man, but a worker bee, and he had a job to do.

Chapter Two:

The days turned into weeks, and Boris's transformation continued. He felt as if he was living in a nightmare, a Kafkaesque nightmare where he was no longer human, but a bee, a slave to the hive. Boris worked tirelessly, gathering nectar and pollen, and tending to the hive's young. His thoughts became simpler, his mind consumed by the task of collecting nectar. He no longer thought about his old life, his family or friends, or the world outside the hive. The only thing that mattered was the hive, and the work that needed to be done.

Occasionally, Boris would see other bees with human heads, but they were few and far between. Most of the bees were like him, their human identity subsumed by the hive's collective consciousness. They worked tirelessly, their lives devoted to the queen, the hive's leader. Boris wondered what had happened to these people, these lost souls who had become nothing more than drones. Had they once been like him, afraid and alone, searching for a way out of this nightmare?

But as the days turned into months, Boris began to see the world through a different lens. He realized that he had been living in a Lovecraftian nightmare, a world of horror and madness, where the boundaries between man and beast were blurred. He had become a creature of the night, a monster who fed on the blood of flowers, a slave to the hive's dark purpose.

And yet, as terrifying as this world was, Boris found solace in the routine of his work, and the sense of purpose it gave him. He felt as if he had finally found his place in the world, even if it was inside a bee's body. As the seasons changed, the hive grew more extensive, and Boris found himself taking on new roles. He became a defender of the Hive.

One day, a swarm of wasps attacked the hive, and Boris and the other bees were caught off guard. The wasps were ruthless, killing many bees and destroying the hive. Boris fought bravely alongside his fellow bees, but in the end, they were outnumbered and outmatched. The survivors scattered in all directions, and Boris found himself alone, wandering aimlessly through the fields.

For the first time in his life, Boris felt lost. He had always known his purpose as a bee, but now, he had no hive, no queen, and no sense of direction. He spent his days searching for a new hive, but everyone he found was already occupied, and the bees there had no interest in accepting him.

Days turned into weeks, and Boris grew weaker and more despondent. He missed the routine of his old life and the sense of belonging that came with it. He began to wonder if he would ever find a new hive and a new purpose.

Just when he had given up hope, Boris stumbled upon a small, struggling hive in the corner of a farmer's field. The bees there were weak and few in number, but they welcomed Boris with open arms. He quickly became their leader, guiding them in building a new hive and defending it from predators.

In this new hive, Boris found a new sense of purpose and belonging. He realized that even when everything seems lost, there is always a chance for a new beginning. And with the help of his new bee family, he would continue to protect and serve his hive, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

Published 
Written by swindonbloke
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments