Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The plane...

1
1 Comment 1
763 Views 763
395 words 395 words

Yesterday, I was surfing the net while I saw a job post at the airport. I have already applied before, but hearing no news. Despite that, I applied again hopelessly. When I studied at the university, I dreamed of working at the airport while my fellows were talking mostly about teaching and how to be a good teacher. After my graduation, I was full of life and determined to achieve my goals to make my parents proud of me, My father retired in my final year, and I am the elder daughter, so it was a huge burden not to let him down. Eventually, I succeeded and graduated, All my family was glad and comforted.

Up to now, everything seems cool.And my dream job still is unchanged, but the chance to get in is very slight. Nevertheless, I applied many times in the application form as well as the email but in vain. I constantly asked myself why this very post. The answer that I usually get is to watch the plane closely. Maybe some of you will laugh at my reply, but believe me, in Morocco the majority are still dreaming of taking the bus and tram, let alone the plane. I think that my innocent answer is related to my childhood since then my dream began. I lived near to the airport, so I always watch the aircraft flying over. From that time my admiration has increased because of the great comfort I felt whenever I looked at it. Sometimes I felt bad and hopeless and just hearing the plane, I went out and started, waving my hands as a sign of needing help. Hoping for a miracle to make the plane land and take me away; away from disappointment and bitterness of life, also away from loneliness. I confess that I am still doing it overwhelmingly. In years past the plane's sound was a relief and its flight was a hope. The relief and hope that became non-existent now. The feeling changed and the vision toward the aircraft as well. The sound that makes my happiness became like a knife put into my heart, and staring at the flight over the sky became a cause of despair. Life looks very complicated, things that were a sense of comfort and security, turned out to be the cause of great sadness and despair.

 

Published 
Written by meryem
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments