Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Another Incident at the airport

"A story from one of my drivers"

4
3 Comments 3
1.3k Views 1.3k
260 words 260 words
One of my drivers on the Hopkins Airport run related this story to me, and it is too funny not to share.

It seems that around 11:00 pm my driver observed a dark sedan constantly cruising around the airport road that led to the Arrivals area. It would slow down occasionally and then speed away only to make another loop about 5 minutes later.

My driver was standing outside of his shuttle enjoying a smoke when he spotted the vehicle in question yet again and was about to alert the police as this strange behavior had been going on for about 1/2 hour or better. It was late and most of the flights were already in.

This time the vehicle stopped opposite my driver and rolled down the window. The driver was a large African -American male who looked like a tough customer, my driver was ready to seek shelter inside his shuttle if need be.

"Hey driver," the driver asked in a deep yet pleasant voice that was void of menace. "Where the hell is door 10? I have been making loops around here and can't spot it". My driver informed the male there is no door 10. "My girlfriend said she was would be standing outside Door 10," the male added.

"Maybe you should call her back again" my driver suggested. The male pulled to the curb and picked up his cellphone. About 2 minutes later my driver heard a very loud, "WHAT!!"

As the male was pulling away he yelled to my driver. "She forgot to tell me she was at the Akron-Canton airport."

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments