Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Bookstore

"You're laughing at me ..."

7
8 Comments 8
1.7k Views 1.7k
194 words 194 words

Author's Notes

"One of my daily tortures, every time you wander in my head..."


I know, I can feel it. I can almost hear your laughter as I slowly walk in the stationary section of my favorite bookstore this morning.

The new arrival display of journals and notebooks, along with the colored pens. Itching my way to start browsing the section, touching the hardbound cover of the journal and feel every texture of every page. I thought to buy two sets, I choose the red for me and blue for you. I continue my browsing going to the notebooks and pens, choosing which to buy for your writing projects.

Then sadness overwhelms me, my heart is in so much pain. I can't stop the tears that start to overflow in my eyes,   I can't see anything.

I stop what I am doing and carefully put back the pens on its rack, the same way with the notebooks in my hand and the journals in my shopping basket.

I turned my back on the stationary section of the bookstore and start to walk away. I will just go home. I should stop buying things for you but everything I see in there reminds me of you. I miss you!

 

Published 
Written by rune
Contributing Authors
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments