Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 7

"I believe this is the best reveal I can do for now."

2
2 Comments 2
989 Views 989
716 words 716 words
Vampires Lullaby Chapter 7
Ch. 7: Past to the Present

Alex looked carefully at the painting once more, slowly and with longing, "Vladimir. I'm sorry." The crimson haired boy walked back to his fathers’ painting, "I said some really screwed up things."

Vladimir shook his head, joining Alex in front of the painting, "No, you have known nothing until now."

"Yeah, but…" Alex dropped the subject and brought up a new one. "Vladimir. Tell me about your past, all of it, up until now."

Vladimir took a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling, "I remember it far too clearly. The days, I raised my son alone. And the day I became a monster."

The year at this time was 11th century France. A man with brown hair walked swiftly towards a large castle residing in the center of Paris. He passed the gates, quickening into a run. He stopped in front of an emerald embroidered door. The brown haired man knocked several times.

"Vladimir! Open the door!"

The lock clicked, allowing the door to open. Standing in the entrance was a blonde haired man, a baby tucked safely in his arms.

"Francois! It is a pleasure to see you! Oh. What is wrong?" Vladimir led his friend inside, "Francois?"

Francois had suddenly moved forward, grabbing Vladimir’s shoulders viciously, "Listen to me. You need to escape from here. A relative of mine is coming to kill you! No one will be able to protect you if he finds you. Hurry, with me now! Bring Lancelin."

They fled to the stables, each grabbing a horse. They rode fast away from the castle. Vladimir, securing his son in his arm, called out to Francois, "Where are we going?"

He pulled his steed up to Francois’.

"I am taking you to a place known only to myself!"

Alex listened quietly, bearing full concentration.

"Lancelin and I had started our secret life in hiding. Francois had brought several things the two of us would need to survive."

Vladimir sat down in a nearby armchair.

"Vladimir."

"One day, Francois had not come. That led into weeks. When I decided to take my son and look for him, I received a disturbing gift. I opened the door, and Francois was at my feet, dead and discoloured. The smell was atrocious. I had realized far too late that we were no longer alone. A hand had constricted my neck, pinning me to the wall."

"Francois was a fool, as are you."

The young blonde was held strong by his neck against the wall. The attacker had similar facial features as Francois.

"He was your brother! How could you murder him?"

The grip around Vladimir’s neck tightened.

"Uuh! Ugh!"

(I cannot breath.)

"Why? Do you really want-Uugh-to kill me that bad?"

The Francois look alike laughed hysterically, "So, my brother did not tell you what I am? How sweet."

(Such a taunting voice.)

Vladimir was removed from the wall and was thrown across the room.

(Lancelin!)

Vladimir shielded his sleeping son, the impact breaking his shoulder, "Aauh!"

The man came closer.

"Time to eat."

Vladimir rested his head against the back of the chair.

"So, he drank from you, and you survived, changing into a vampire?" Vladimir nodded. "Yes. Twenty years later after my creation, I killed my son by drinking his blood. I realized far too late it was him. His blood was the sweetest I ever drank, and I, too, tried killing myself."

Alex followed Vladimir’s movements with his red eyes.

"After I buried my son, I found out he had married and blessed with a son. Since then, I vowed to watch over my descendants. Your father disappeared one night, so, as you slept, I took you to a 'foster home'. I secretly watched you in the shadows as you grew into who you are today."

Alex turned his face, so Vladimir would not see the tears pooling in his eyes, "You watched over me this whole time. I treated you like shit!"

Vladimir ruffled Alex’s hair, "It no longer matters."

They wrapped one another in one last embrace, which lasted longer than the first. Alex pulled away suddenly, "What was that vampire’s name? Did he tell you?"

Vladimir’s eyes glowed red, containing rage and hatred.

"Legend."
Published 
Written by Akizuki
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments