Find your next favourite story now
Login

Romance Stories

Our romance section is for the true romantics among us who love stories and books where a heroic character conquers emotional hurdles and physical threats to be with the person they love.

Sub-genres in this category include regency, historical and contemporary romance, the primary focus always being the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

In most cases stories culminate in a happily ever after ending.

Trending Stories

When the Cicada Sings

Love brings forth life.

July’s midsummer heat stuck. It stuck to the blades of grass. It stuck to Sumire’s beige romper. It stuck to everything and anything like a sweltering bog. Sweat drenched her underarms as she set up her easel and foldable chair. Even at her elevated vantage point, the muggy draft painted her body with its salty sheen.Wiping her brow, she gazed over the stacked rows of terraced rice paddies below, bristling with the vibran...

All Stories

The Love Show #8: Dinner Time

Time for the dinner party

The next two days passed quickly as we carried on working, playing and eating food and each other. Despite combined efforts at both houses, my Culinary Incineration wedding vows remained uncompleted. The Dinner Party takes up to eight hours to film and goes late into the evening as Sarah had discovered but managed to truncate due to the early flight out. We told the producers that they could pick us up from my place as we...

The Love Show #7: Finally, Completely Together

Work and play makes a happy couple.

In Patagonia, we’d talked with Weasel and David about how to manage his return home. Weasel and Andy said that on return they were usually very tired. David said he sends the kids to the grandparents for a week to allow Weasel to reset. For the first two days, they would be alone, but he was on her clock. The next two, he went to the grandparents' and left her alone, so she had time to think and unwind. Then, she rejoined...

The Love Show #6

In the dark, we remember the light

After the CRJ landed in Santiago, I bid farewell to others including David and especially Terri who had decided that I was her little sister! But we knew that in a few weeks, we’d reconnect in Whistler and I quickly connected to my A350 for the long flight home. Andy had given me a spare Surface and I now had a Rapid Response logon. There were several emails I needed to answer so they could complete my onboarding. Once I...

The Love Show #5: Together, In The light

The newly in love couple reunite

I woke at 4 AM in Ellie’s spare room, feeling surprisingly refreshed despite all the drama and tedium mere hours ago. After a quick shower, I pulled on a red Icebreaker 250 zip-up, last night’s jeans, and a thick polar fleece as it was cold outside and would be colder at my destination, though my heart would soon heat up there. I was shocked to see Ellie, normally useless until daylight, up and had pancakes ready. I wonde...

The Love Show #4: Alone in the Dark

Apart, Andy is makes time to dream of Sarah

Walking up the GX’s steps, I turned around and blew Sarah a kiss. I’ve seen this happen in the movies and thought it was contrived. But this was from the deepest part of my soul, and I saw it had hit her soul like a freight train. I really had no choice leaving: two guys laid out with COVID and one with a broken leg meant that if I didn’t go, nobody would be available to do ground support on the deployed aircraft. If I di...

The Love Show #3: Dreaming Apart

Apart from her new love, Sarah dreams and gets to work

Standing at the BizJet Terminal, I saw Andy walk up the steps and blow me a kiss. I silently cried harder as I already missed the guy that I loved in many ways so soon after meeting him: his respect and care for me manifested within a minute of me arriving at the altar in the Up and Down. He deepened my respect for him when he had playfully tried it on at the kiss: he showed that he was attracted to me but also respected...

The Love Show #2: Sarah's Wedding

Sarah Meets Andy on The Love Show

I'm Sarah, 37 and an HR Business Partner. I live in a smallish town and own my own house. I love to take photos: mostly scenery either locally or abroad and I have shot a few weddings as favours to friends and have won a few prizes for some of my landscapes when I’ve entered competitions. I love to be in the outdoors, hiking, running or just soaking nature in. My hair is shoulder-length and naturally brown-black, my face...

The Love Show #1: Andy

Andy is paired with Sarah on The Love Show

I'm Andy: a mid-30s IT professional. My love life wasn't great - mostly as I was working away a lot, so I decided to apply for The Love Show where experts match couples and valiantly hope that they find love in ten episodes. I explained to the panel that simply, too much work meant I wasn't at home enough to sustain relationships, but that had changed recently as I had taken a new job that explicitly had minimal travel. I...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Misunderstood Assumptions

You know what they say about "ass"umptions...

I entered the bustling café, my heart pounding with nervous anticipation, and was greeted by the inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the soft hum of conversation. Scanning the crowded room, I searched for Jess, hoping to catch her eye and share a moment of connection. However, to my dismay, I noticed her engrossed in conversation with her colleague, oblivious to my presence. From a distance, I observed their anima...

A Night of Connections

Friendships are made.

As I approach my apartment building, a mix of anticipation and concern fills me as I spot Jess waiting for me by the front door. A smile lights up my face as I greet her affectionately, but her furrowed brows and worried expression don't go unnoticed. Sensing her unease, I take her hand and lead her inside, silently promising to create a safe space where she can share her worries with me. Once we step into my apartment, t...

The piercing sound of my alarm jolted me awake, and I groggily reached over to silence it. As I slowly emerged from the hazy realm of sleep, the weight of the previous day's events settled upon me. I turned to Jess, her peaceful form still cocooned in the warmth of the blankets, and gently pressed a kiss to her forehead, silently wishing her a day filled with tranquility. Making my way to the kitchen, I dressed for the da...

Unveiling the Past

Jess talk about her past

Chapter 4 As the evening unfolded, Jess and I found ourselves enveloped in an intimate and serene atmosphere. The soft glow of the flickering candlelight danced across the room, casting a warm and comforting aura. It created a perfect backdrop for the deep conversation that was about to unfold. Jess, her voice trembling slightly, began to open up to me with a heavy heart. Her eyes drifted into the distance, clearly lost i...

Unwelcome Encounter

Confronting the aftermath of a violent encounter, Jeremy seeks guidance from his best friend Dale.

Chapter 3: Unwelcome Encounter As Jess and I stepped into her cozy apartment, the sound of laughter and muffled voices immediately caught our attention. We exchanged puzzled glances, trying to decipher the source of the commotion. The noise seemed to be coming from Ashley's bedroom, and our curiosity was piqued. Deciding to sit down on the plush couch, we turned on the TV to provide some background noise to drown out the...

Diffusing Tension

Jess's past comes back to haunt her and Jeremy must navigate his emotions.

The morning sunlight peeked through the curtains, gently rousing me from my slumber. As I stretched and yawned, my senses were immediately assaulted by the persistent buzzing sound coming from Jess's phone. Curiosity piqued, I turned to her, concern etching my face. "What's going on, Jess? You seem a little concerned," I asked, my brow furrowing with genuine worry. She sighed, her eyes reflecting a mixture of excitement a...

Her Name Is Jess

Lonley, shy man, Jeremy is not ready for this woman.

Chapter 1 Nestled in a dimly lit corner of the bar, I found myself alone, seeking solace in the soft glow of warm, amber lights. The flickering illumination danced across the weathered wooden counter, creating intricate shadows that seemed to tell their own stories. The air was alive with the animated chatter and laughter of the other patrons, their voices blending together into a vibrant symphony that enveloped the space...