Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Vampire's Lullaby Chapter 9

"This chapter, I feel, is a little more meaningful, even though fast paced."

3
2 Comments 2
811 Views 811
1.0k words 1.0k words
Chapter 9: Preparation

My hands were bound, my mouth gagged, and my eyes shielded from view. They carried me like a sack of potatoes. I didn’t struggle, only because I knew I was no match. Why is this happening? What could they possibly need from me?

"This newborn is actually of value to him?"

A gruff voice reverberated through my body. This voice definitely belonged to whoever carried me.

"Yes, he is. No one is to harm him but his Lordship."

It was a woman this time, her words sparking my interest.

(His Lordship, huh? Why am I plagued with such bad luck?)

Two hours after they took Alex, Mars had gathered several vampires willing to lend a hand. We immediately set out for Caballero Rivero. I was worried if we could trust the Hunters.

"Mars?"

I did not have to say a word for my comrade to understand.

"I know. I will take full responsibility."

The woman, who found us, Taylor, joined us.

"Hey. What am I gonna be learning?"

I took the initiative to explain.

"You will be trained in the ways of a Hunter. Fighting techniques, strategies, anything they can dispense to you."

I could not believe, I was assisting in the creation of another Hunter. Would she turn against us when this war was over?

They confined me in an isolated, pitch-black room. There were no windows from what little I could see. Which reminds me, how was I able to walk in the sun without burning? The sound of an opening door interrupted my thoughts. A man with a ponytail walked in.

"Shut the door and leave us be."

My mouth was still gagged, my wrists and ankles bolted to the chair.

"I finally meet you. Alex."

"Mm!" He leaned in close, grabbing my chin. I had no way of escaping.

"Stubborn. Let’s see how long you can stay sane. Shall we, my day walker?"

"!!"

Vladimir and the other vampires arrived at Caballero Rivero, each taking caution.

"You don’t need to be so wary."

Vladimir took a defensive stance. Several people in cloaks stepped out from the bushes. Vladimir backed away in shock.

(This…)

The ancient blonde vampire carefully looked the Hunters over. Mars came up behind him.

"There are a total of four hundred Hunters. More are surrounding the city waiting for orders."

One of the Hunters moved forward.

"Vladimir Winwright, Crown Prince to Frances’ throne, a one-thousand-year-old vampire."

Taylor, Mars, and the other vampires looked astonishingly at Vladimir.

"You will help us, will you? Can I put my faith in you, Luka Frashier?"

The pink haired man smiled.

"For now, during this war. Come, you and the woman."

Vladimir and Taylor followed Luka, leaving the rest up to Mars and Heaven. Luka spoke with a dark tone to Vladimir.

"To think you are Frances’ missing prince. Oh well."

They arrived at a tent.

"You need to see this, Vladimir."

Signaling Taylor to remain where she stood, Vladimir entered the tent. There was a person wrapped in a blanket staring at a picture.

"Pardon, my intrusion."

Vladimir got a good glimpse of the photo. It was Alex when he was still human. The figure turned around, revealing his face.

"You’re the man who entered that burning seaside house."

Seeing the face of the man had caught Vladimir’s full attention.

"You are…"

The man wrapped in the blanket had red hair and blue eyes. He looked just like Alex. He interjected Vladimir, "Who is this boy in the photo? Can you tell me?"

My body would not budge, my brain is not registering this turn of events.

"Are you okay?"

He came closer to me. "Stay where you are."

The red-haired man obeyed. Luka peeked in.

"We’ll begin her training and start combining attack strengths between our two groups. Have fun and don’t kill each other or destroy anything."

Luka left as quickly as he popped in. The Alex look-alike released his voice.

"Tell me. Who is this boy? Who are you?"

How could this man not remember Alex?

Wait.

"You answer my question first. Where have you been for the past fourteen years?"

The red-head looked at the floor, hesitating.

"…I spent three years in a coma and when I came to, I had no memories of who I am or of my past."

The red-head raised his voice. Tears fell from his eyes, and I embraced him as lovingly as I had Alex.

"Do you know that the boy in the picture cries as well?"

I released him and he looked at me.

"You know who I am, don’t you?"

"I do. But I fear you will not believe me."

He sighed.

"I believe you aren’t one to tell lies. Can you at least tell me my name and about this boy?"

I nodded.

"Your name is Daniel. And that boy is your son, Alex."

He ogled the picture. "My…son?"

Three weeks have passed since Vampires and Hunters joined forces. Taylor absorbed Luka’s training and produced amazing results. Vladimir sent a different group of vampires out every day to search for Alex. Vladimir himself either spent the majority of his time fighting or speaking to Daniel. Luka sparred with Mars, but for now, they watched over their own kind.

"It’s been a while, Mars."

"It has, Luka."

There was an awkward silence between the two.

"Is that missing vamp that important?"

Mars chuckled slightly.

"Yes. He and the man in the tent. They’re Vladimir’s biological family."

Luka choked on his drink.

"Seriously? They look nothing like him."

Mars glared viciously. "They don’t look like him. But it’s true."

Luka rubbed the back of his neck.

"Mars?"

"What?" Luka grabbed Mars’ shoulders forcing a stare down.

"I might’ve found a way to turn vampires back into humans."

Mars’ eyes went wide with shock.

"You…what?"

Luka held up a small bottle.

"A cure for vampirism."

Mars lowered his head.

"It’s almost time. I can smell their blood lust. They’re coming."
Published 
Written by Akizuki
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments