Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Innocence - Chapter 5

"A story about a girl without memories from her past."

1
1 Comment 1
1.3k Views 1.3k
1.3k words 1.3k words
For a moment, when I woke up, I didn’t know where I was, or what time it was. I gritted my teeth against the pain and straightened up, blanching. I realized I was in my own room.

“Sam are you, alright?” Chloe asked. Seeing her stunned me. She looked worried and said, “You know, you’re brother is soooo cute—I mean, really! When he was asking me what happened to you, I almost fainted! Not because I didn’t know what to say, but I was so nervous that he was looking at me with those lovely eyes!” She shrieked and giggled. “Oh my God, Sammy! I should always come visit you here!” She paused. “By the way, how are you feelin’?”

“My body’s aching. My back…my upper body actually.”

She looked really troubled now. “Tasuki was high… He was drunk too.”

“So that’s him?” I gave her a quizzical look. “Way too friendly, I guess.”

Chloe sighed and then chuckled softly. “When we saw you two, you were unconscious and I was like ‘what the hell, Tasuki?!’ He said he thought you were a guy... Must be because it was dark and you had your short hair ponytailed. He was on drugs, so he must be hallucinating… or I don’t know. I’m not into that kind of stuff, so I don’t know. That guy really sucks. He was smoking and drinking… It was like a suicide. I can’t imagine how potent that is.” Her face was suddenly serious. “I’m sorry about this… we can’t find your glasses too…”

“I’m good…but who do you mean by ‘we’?”

“Charles and me. And a maid.”

“What?! Oh no! He saw me… Charles saw me in that condition…”

“He was really worried, he even pulled Tasuki away from you and gave him a good punch. Well, your mouth was bleeding… and the room was a mess so… yeah.”

“What?! He did that?! I don’t know how to face him now…and that Tasuki…I’m so embarrassed… What will I do Chloe?! No…”

“Why are you embarrassed? Tasuki should be the one. But I doubt that… he is not that kind of guy anyway…”

Chloe went home pretty late. She was really worried. I could feel and see that. It really feels great when someone’s feeling that way for you when you know you’re not okay. She told me she prefers to be called Ichigo, since calling her Chloe was too formal for someone she treats as a close friend. Friend. I finally had someone I can call a friend. She was like a big sister.

And Charles… he punched his best friend for me.

I was happy that I forgot the pain I was feeling physically. I had no bruises too. When I asked Ichigo how come she knew where I live and my number she just said she learned it from Chelsea. She said they looked it up on my contact information. Of course they could that, why did I forget about it?

The Sunday morning was burning up. I thought it would rain today like yesterday. My upper body was still aching. I slept on my side with both my arms down like a log. I couldn’t move easily— that the pain kept me awake whenever I moved.

“Who’s the guy you were with last night?” Akira asked. He was sitting at the dining table, reading a newspaper.

“Huh?”

“You were unconscious last night,” he said as he sipped on his coffee. “A man in a suit and sunglasses carried you.”

“Oh really? …Hmm, I felt dizzy and fainted… ” I said, clearing my throat.

“Your friend said you lost your glasses too…”

“Yeah… But I’m not sure why I can see clearly now. Maybe it’s finally corrected... I’m farsighted after all...”

“But you didn’t answer my question. Hmm?”

“What is—you mean the guy? The guy must be Tasuki’s driver… I don’t know him but he is a friend of Ichigo.”

“Tasuki?” His eyes suddenly widened. “I see.” Then he stood up. “I’ll stay at the office tonight.”

“What?! No!” I said, grabbing a part of his shirt.

“Why?” he asked, giving me a puzzled look.

“You can’t leave me here!” I said, starting to raise my voice. “I mean, how about dinner? Is dad coming home? Where is he anyway?”

“Dad’s busy with a case. Just order anything you want.” He brushed off my hand.

I stared blankly at him as he walked towards the stairs. He glanced at me for a moment, turned, and came closer to me. “Are you sick?” he asked, putting the back of his palm to my forehead. “How are you feeling?” When I looked at him and met his eyes, he instantly removed his hand, paused and then flicked a finger to my head. I automatically touched that part in pain. “Just keep resting. Are you in pain or something? You’re not taking care of yourself. You’re always making me worried…” Then he went upstairs.

Akira’s clairvoyance always amazes me. It seemed that he knew everything I had been going through. It might just be hunches but, it was always a home run. It was like we were talking through gestures and simple glances. He knew me really well.

It was almost six in the afternoon when the phone rang. It was Akito. He sound delighted when I asked him when he would be back, and he said maybe next week. Akira was gone and I was alone in the house.

I sat back in the sofa, dazed. Breathed loudly and exhaled slowly. Turned the television on, volume up. Why is this happening now? I was panicking, that every sound I hear awakened my imagination. I could feel my head thumping; I could hear my heart banging even with the television so loud. “Dammit!” My body was still aching in pain, and I could feel the weight of my body. I felt tired. I turned off the TV, went upstairs and fell into sleep.

Before I could open my eyes, I could guess it was still evening, or two, three, four in the morning. It was still dark. I was half awake. A little light permeating must have been from the street light. I could feel the wind, maybe I had forgotten to close the glass door on my room’s patio.

When I finally opened my eyes, they broadened at the sight of a girl standing near the door—I could see her long black hair and her white dress. I gasped in shock, slid myself in horror and fell on the other side of the bed. “Shit!” I cursed and it was the first time. It was gone before I knew it. I was hyperventilating, blinking myself to reality. I was not dreaming. I was sweating. Jaw still dropped, I gulped, thinking what just happened. Hairs at the back of my neck rose suddenly, and this time I could feel a presence behind my back. I screamed, ran and tripped.

Face on the floor, I heard a whimper. “Stop this!” I shrieked. My head started hurting, I could feel the nagging of my body. I sat, leaned my back on the wall behind me. The sobbing started to get louder, like it was getting nearer. I capped my ears and shut my eyes, “Stop it!” I started crying, weeping, heart pounding, breathing loudly. And then it was gone. I opened my eyes, and saw a silhouette of a man on the terrace and then he intruded. Before I realized, I ran to him, embracing him tightly. I cried onto his arms. Relieved, yet I was scared…but I didn’t care. Whoever he was, whatever he was. Good or bad.

He saved me. 

Published 
Written by Liezl15
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments