Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
2101 - Nothing New Under the Sun Chapter One Introduction to Brian

"Introduction to Brian"

1
1 Comment 1
852 Views 852
783 words 783 words

Author's Notes

"This is Chapter one. More to follow. The previous story is 2101 - Nothing New Under the Sun"

Chapter One

Finally arriving at my STOP (Short Term Overnight Place) I open my link to our weekly group cast. I joined late today, so had to join the conversation in mid stream.

Steve: With both Bill and Sarah going to spend several weeks in Biloxi, Mississippi in September, I would like to stop there for a get together. Is anyone else willing to make a trip there?

B^GJo#: I would like to go and September is a great time to go.

Steve: Bill are you willing to host something the second weekend you are there?

Bill: Of course. Sarah will be there also and I think we can arrange to have adjoining STOPs so we could host nearly 20 people. Sarah, are you ok with this?

Sarah: You bet. It would be wonderful to meet everyone again in person.

Steve: Brian did you join us?

Brian (This is me): Sorry I joined late. But yes and I was just checking out September and I’m a go. Was it over a year ago that we got together last? I think I have told everyone that based on our discussions I started reviewing more about history and began recording some insight I got from it. I really want to have a discussion about what we have been doing during our weekly group cast.

Ghurtbse#omn: Sounds wonderful, I’m in. I will be coming back from my research in Mali so will have some new information to share.

This conversation went on for about 90 minutes. It is our weekly virtual group cast where we discuss the issues of the day with a view for where the world will be in about 50 or 100 years. Last year’s gathering was very insightful for me. I had been wondering about our future for a couple of years since receiving my nineteenth ePhD. In many of our conversations we talked a great deal about where our lives were headed and what life would be like in 50 to 100 years. But during our gathering last year we noted some of the history and how it effected our lives today. After that gathering I turned to recent world history and how that had lead to the life I and others were now living. I had never seen history in such a light. It was interesting to connect what had happened over the last 150 to 200 years to the life we were now living. It gave me a new perspective on how recent history would effect the next 50 to 100 years.

Let me introduce myself. Here are the basics. I’m Brian fully human with only three body parts replaced. I was born in the Midwest United States into a lower income family of five children. I was born in the middle of the social and racial revolution of the 1960’s. I’m 135 years old and was married 76 years. My one and only spouse passed in 2064 at the age of 98. We had four children, two boys and two girls, and 7 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren and a number of others which my brain memory doesn’t always recall. Only one of my daughters, the baby, is still alive at age 103. I have remained single since my spouse died. I live a nomadic lifestyle scheduling STOPS or visiting others all 365 days per year. I have noticed my energy level has been challenged in recent years so my lifestyle may be changing in the next few years.

Last year, before the physical get together of our weekly VGC group, virtual group cast, there became a huge interest in those fully human that lived the entire 21st century. It turns out I’m one of about 55 fully human supercentenarians, those over 130 years old, living in the US. Due to my excellent health, many have requested I speak to differing groups. I recently finish my twenty third ePhd degree in education. My other edegrees (see the Education section below) includes world, US, Eastern, and European history; science; space exploration and expansion; electronics; computing/computers and computer science; medical technology; and ancient, modern, and contemporary philosophy.

Between last year’s physical get together of our VGC group and all the talk about living 130 years lead me to look at history and how it lead to life today and how it might shape the world over the next 100 years. Although I’m not one to take stock of New Year’s resolutions, I did make an agreement this year to record items of history, note how it lead to the life I live now, and what it could become over the next 100 years.

The following are some of the insights I have along with some unbelievable help from my group cast.

 

 

Published 
Written by Brian2101
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments