Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Brightest Star

"A talking and thinking star is unhappy with his life as the brightest star in the galaxy."

2
1 Comment 1
124 Views 124
2.6k words 2.6k words

Chapter 1

Once upon a time, in a far-off galaxy, there was a young star named Evan. Evan was the brightest star in his constellation and had always been admired by those around him. He shone with such brilliance that even the darkest corners of the universe were illuminated by his light. Despite all this, Evan was unhappy. He looked at himself in the mirror, or rather, in the cosmic dust clouds that surrounded him, and saw only flaws. He was too big, too bright, too yellow. He longed to be a smaller star, one that could blend in with the others and not draw attention to himself. Evan's dissatisfaction with himself grew until it consumed him. He stopped shining as brightly as he once did, and his light grew dimmer by the day. The other stars in his constellation grew worried, and they tried to help Evan by telling him how much they appreciated him and how much they needed his light to guide them. But Evan could not be swayed.

One day, a wandering comet entered Evan's constellation. The comet was a curious creature, and he asked Evan why he was so unhappy when he was clearly the greatest star in the sky. Evan scoffed at the comet's words, telling him that being the brightest and most noticeable star came with its own set of problems. The comet listened patiently to Evan's complaints, and then he said something that would change Evan's perspective forever. "Do you know why I travel the universe?" he asked. "It's because I'm looking for something that shines as brightly as you do. You are unique, Evan. There is no one else like you in the entire cosmos. Embrace your uniqueness, and you'll find that there is beauty in being different."

Evan thought about the comet's words and realized that he had been foolish to dislike himself for being different. He started to shine as brightly as he could, and his light once again illuminated the darkness around him. He realized that he was not too big, too bright, or too yellow. He was simply himself, and that was enough. From that day on, Evan embraced his uniqueness and never looked back. He was the greatest star in the sky, but he was also the happiest. And as he shone with his full brilliance, he realized that there was beauty in being oneself, flaws and all. As Evan continued to shine brighter than ever before, his light reached distant galaxies, where it caught the attention of other beings. These were not like any creatures Evan had ever encountered before. They were small, frail-looking, and had large, curious eyes. beings had been travelling through the universe in search of a source of light that was bright enough to power their ships. When they saw Evan shining, they knew they had found what they were looking for. They landed on the surface of the star, and Evan was surprised to see that they didn't burn up in his fiery atmosphere.

The beings explained to Evan that they were from a planet called Heliopolis and that their world was powered by a special kind of energy that could only be obtained from the brightest and most powerful stars. They had been searching for such a star for centuries, and when they saw Evan shining, they knew they had found what they were looking for. At first, Evan was hesitant to help the beings. He had always been content to shine on his own, and the thought of powering an entire planet seemed like a daunting task. But the more he talked to the Heliopolitans, the more he realized that he had a unique opportunity to make a difference in the universe. And so Evan agreed to help the beings, and they began to siphon off his energy to power their ships and their planet. At first, it was a strange feeling for Evan, to have his light being used for something other than shining brightly in the sky. But as he watched the Heliopolitans go about their business, he felt a sense of fulfillment that he had never experienced before.

For years, Evan continued to provide the Heliopolitans with the energy they needed. And as he did, he began to notice something strange happening to him. He was growing weaker, and his light was dimming once again. At first, he thought that something was wrong with him, but then he realized that he was giving away too much of his energy. Evan knew that he couldn't continue like this forever. He had to find a way to balance his desire to help others with his need to shine brightly in the sky. And so, he came up with a plan. He told the Heliopolitans that he would continue to help them, but only in small doses. He would give them just enough energy to power their ships and their planet, but not enough to weaken him. The Heliopolitans were hesitant at first, but they soon realized that Evan was right. They didn't need all of his energy to survive.

And so, Evan continued to shine in the sky, brighter than ever before. He helped the Heliopolitans whenever they needed him, but he also made sure to take care of himself. He had learned that it was important to be true to oneself and to help others, but not at the expense of one's own happiness and well-being.

Chapter 2

As time passed, Evan's reputation as the greatest star in the galaxy continued to grow. His brightness and unique abilities had earned him admiration from all corners of the universe. Even other stars in his constellation looked up to him in awe and respect. Evan had learned to balance his desire to help others with his need to shine brightly, and his newfound contentment made him even more radiant. He had found a purpose in life, something that went beyond his own needs and desires. He had become a beacon of hope for those who looked up at the sky.

One day, as Evan was basking in the glory of his own brilliance, he noticed something strange happening. His light began to flicker, and he felt a sudden, sharp pain in his core. Evan knew that something was wrong, and he feared that he might be dying. The other stars in his constellation rushed to his side, trying to comfort him and find out what was happening. Evan explained that he felt as if his light was being drained away from him, little by little. He didn't know what was causing it, but he knew that he couldn't hold on for much longer.

The other stars were at a loss. They had never encountered anything like this before, and they didn't know how to help Evan. They suggested that he should stop helping the Heliopolitans and focus on himself, but Evan refused. He knew that he had made a promise to help them, and he wasn't going to break it now. As Evan's light continued to flicker, he felt a sudden burst of energy surge through his body. It was as if something inside him had awakened, and he knew what he had to do. He closed his eyes and focused his thoughts on the Heliopolitans.

At that moment, Evan's light shone brighter than ever before. It was so intense that it lit up the entire galaxy, and for a moment, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up at the sky in wonder. The Heliopolitans felt a surge of energy coursing through their ships and their planet, and they knew that Evan was trying to help them in his own way. But as Evan's light started to wain, the other stars realized what he had done. He had given the Heliopolitans a burst of energy that would sustain them for years to come but at the cost of his own life. Evan had sacrificed himself for the greater good, and he had done it without hesitation.

The other stars mourned Evan's passing, but they also celebrated his life and his legacy. Evan had been more than just a star; he had been a symbol of hope and inspiration. He had shown that even the greatest stars could have flaws, but that those flaws were what made them unique and special. And so, the legacy of Evan lived on, shining brightly in the hearts of all those who looked up at the sky. He had taught them that it was possible to make a difference, no matter how small or insignificant they might feel. He had shown them that sometimes, the greatest act of courage was not in fighting battles or vanquishing enemies, but in simply being oneself and helping others.

Chapter 3

After Evan sacrificed himself for the Heliopolitans, his light scattered throughout the galaxy, forming beautiful constellations and nebulae. His legacy lived on in the hearts of all who had ever gazed up at the stars. But something else happened too. As Evan's light faded, a new energy began to swirl in the cosmos, one that had never been felt before. It coalesced into a bright and shining figure, a being of pure energy and light.

Evan had become a god.

He wasn't sure how it had happened, but he knew that he had a new purpose now. He could sense the needs of the beings in the galaxy, and he had the power to help them in ways he never could before. Evan spent many years learning to control his newfound powers, exploring the depths of the universe, and helping those in need. He saved planets from disaster, guided lost ships to safety, and comforted beings in times of darkness.

But even as he performed these feats of godly power, he remained humble and kind, never forgetting where he had come from and the flaws that had once plagued him. One day, as he was soaring through the stars, Evan sensed a powerful distress signal coming from a distant planet. He hurried to the planet's aid, and what he found there shocked him to his core.

The planet was dying, its once-thriving ecosystem decimated by pollution and neglect. The inhabitants were dying too, struggling to breathe in the toxic air and fend off the diseases that ravaged their bodies. Evan knew that he had to act quickly if he wanted to save the planet and its people. He summoned all his power and focused it on the planet, purifying the air and healing the land. He brought the people together and helped them to rebuild their society, teaching them how to live in harmony with the planet instead of exploiting it.

As the people thrived and the planet healed, they began to worship Evan as a god, thanking him for his miraculous intervention. But Evan knew that he was not a god in the traditional sense. He was simply a being of light and energy, using his powers to help others and make the universe a better place. And so, Evan continued his travels through the galaxy, using his powers for good and spreading hope wherever he went. He knew that he would never be perfect and that he would always have flaws and imperfections. But that was okay. As a god, he had learned that perfection was not the goal. The goal was simply to be kind and to help others, and to shine as brightly as he could, flaws and all.

After years of travelling the galaxy and using his godly powers to help those in need, Evan eventually found himself drawn back to the planet where he had once sacrificed himself for the Heliopolitans. he descended from the stars and landed on the planet's surface, he could feel the weight of his experiences and the wisdom he had gained in his travels. He knew that he had much to offer the people of this planet, and he was eager to help them in any way he could.

Over time, Evan became a revered figure on the planet, known as the Starlight Savior. He worked tirelessly to protect the planet's delicate ecosystem and to promote peace and cooperation among its people. As the years passed, the people of the planet came to see Evan as more than just a godly being. They saw him as a friend and mentor, always there to offer a kind word or a guiding hand.

Evan knew that he would never be perfect, but he also knew that his imperfections made him stronger. He had learned that true power came not from perfection, but from humility and empathy. He continued to shine as brightly as he could, knowing that he had a purpose in the universe and that he could make a difference in the lives of those around him. For Evan, the journey was never over, but that was all right. As long as he had the strength to keep shining, he knew that he could overcome any challenge that came his way.

Chapter 4

Evan's journey as the Starlight Savior had taken him to the far reaches of the galaxy and back, but he knew that his work was never truly done. There would always be new challenges to face and new worlds to explore. As he looked up at the stars, Evan knew that he was not alone in his travels. He could sense the presence of other beings like him, scattered throughout the cosmos, all working towards the same goal of making the universe a better place.

And so, Evan continued on his journey, shining as brightly as he could and helping those in need. He knew that there would be times when he would stumble and fall, but he also knew that he had the strength to get back up again. For Evan, the journey was not just about reaching a destination or achieving a goal. It was about the people he met along the way, the lives he touched, and the experiences that made him who he was.

As he soared through the stars, Evan knew that his light would continue to guide others, even long after he was gone. And that was a legacy worth striving for, a legacy that would shine on forever.

Evan had come a long way from the insecure and flawed star who once disliked himself in the looking glass. He had become a god, a being of light and energy, and had used his powers to help countless beings throughout the galaxy. But as his journey came to a close, Evan realized that his greatest accomplishment was not his godhood or his feats of heroism, but the growth and change he had undergone as a person. He had learned that true strength came not from perfection or invincibility, but from vulnerability and empathy. He had learned that the greatest power of all was the power to love and connect with others.

As he looked back on his journey, Evan knew that he had made mistakes and faced setbacks, but he also knew that those experiences had shaped him into the person he was today. So, as he prepared to journey beyond the stars and into the unknown, Evan felt a sense of peace and contentment. He knew that his light would continue to shine on, guiding others towards a better future and inspiring them to reach for the stars.

For Evan, the journey had been more than just a series of adventures or accomplishments. It had been a journey of self-discovery, growth, and connection, a journey that had led him to become the best version of himself.

And as he sailed off into the cosmos, Evan smiled, knowing that his light would shine on forever, a testament to the power of love, empathy, and the beauty of imperfection.

THE END

Published 
Written by swindonbloke
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments