Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 24

5
5 Comments 5
1.1k Views 1.1k
1.5k words 1.5k words
Bruce just sat there with his mind still reeling. He didn't mind pretending to be the father of her child if it saved them both the non-stop questions from their classmates, but this was never discussed. He had seen enough television programs of females giving birth and there was always a great deal of screaming. Was he ready for that?

He looked over at the stunning blond across the table from him, truly loved her and he sometimes he believed that she truly loved him. However lurking in the back of his mind was this nagging belief that once she had her baby he would no longer be needed. He shook his head to banish that thought. No, that was his buddy Santino's belief and not his ,but he was never able to dislodge it.

Amber's sat there quietly in an uncomfortable silence as the seconds seemed to drag on, her face was a combination of fear and concern. Her wide blue eyes searched his face for some kind of response to her request but saw nothing, maybe she had gone too far by asking this of him.

Bruce's mind was still full of fear and doubt when he finally spoke.

"Amber, do you really love me?" he asked.

"Yes I love you. You should know that by now," she answered.

"I'm afraid," he said simply.

"You're afraid. What about me? I'm sixteen years old and getting ready to have a baby, something I had not planned on doing until my mid twenties or later. What are you afraid of?" she said raising her voice an octave.

"I am still afraid that after you have the kid you will decide to call it quits," he answered honestly.

He never saw the open hand that smacked him across the face and it stung.

"Are you stupid? After all we've been through you think I would leave you? You think I am not afraid that you will decide to leave me? How many times do we have to discuss this? We made a pact to never lie to each other, so unless you beat me or rape me you are not going to get rid of me so easily," she responded with tears in her eyes.

Bruce slipped of his chair and knelt down next to her chair and hugged her.

"I really love you. Is that so hard to believe?" she sobbed into his neck.

"I love you too and yes I will be your labor coach," he responded.

She stopped sobbing and looked him in the eyes and was able to see the love he held for her there. She gently placed her lips on his and kissed him. He caught some of the tears running down her cheeks with his finger and then licked them off.

"Now look, you made me cry again. I must look like shit," she said as she stood up and headed to the bathroom. Bruce poured more coffee and looked at his reflection in the polished table top.

"Now what have you gotten yourself into this time?" he asked it.

When she returned they spent the next half an hour talking about what was coming up. Amber then stood up and took Bruce's hand and led him back to her bedroom for another session of love making. Bruce left at around 11:00 am and headed to work.

He had lost track of the time and actually walked in a few minutes late. He hurried past the counter as he headed to the kitchen to hang up his coat and don his apron. He checked the stock of the main cooler in the back before he headed out front to see what what they were running low on.

As Gina was the first girl he encountered when he stepped behind the counter and based on their history he gave her a hello hug.

"Wow, someone smells better than I do," Gina commented as she released him.

Jan and Darlene smiled at each other as they left their places to gave him a hug. They also commented that he did indeed smell great.

"So do we need to ask where you spent your morning? Gina questioned.

"Don't ask," he smiled.

"Mama Mia, he's blushing," Gina informed the girls as Bruce fled to the kitchen.

Mama Giambucci arrived and as always headed to the kitchen first to see if there was anything that was needed to be added to the shopping list. Bruce handed her a list of items they were running low on. As she turned to leave Bruce spoke to her.

"Mama G, do you have a moment?"

"What's on your mind?" she responded.

Bruce then told her about agreeing to be Amber's labor coach and that attending the required classes might interfere with his work schedule. He also told her that he was a few minutes late today as he lost track of time. Mama G listened and when he finished he was rewarded with a big smile and a hug.

"You're going to help your little girlfriend bring a new life into this world and you're worried about your job? Don't worry, let me know about the class times and I will make arrangements for coverage," Mama responded.

When Amber's parents arrived home that evening she informed them that Bruce agreed to be her labor coach and they were not surprised. When Bruce got home that evening he informed his parents about Amber's request and his decision to be there for her, they were not surprised either.

On their web chat that evening they promised to see each other everyday that he started late or had off. He offered to take her Christmas shopping but she was waiting for her sister to come home from college. They talked about plans for Christmas Eve and day, both had families coming in for Christmas dinner.

New Years Eve plans were also discussed. Her parents usually went to a party and if they did he was invited to spent the evening with her.

"My sister will be home so that means no sex," she informed him.

"I can live with that."

Allison arrived home later that very evening. Even though less than a month had passed since she left to return to college her homecoming was as joyous as if she had been gone for a year. Later that evening she knocked on the door to Amber's room and was invited in.

She crawled into bed next to her little sister and gave her a big hug. Amber could not believe how much muscle mass Ally had put on since she left and commented on it. She was informed that there was a contest later in January and she had to be ready. Ally could not believe how big her sister's belly had gotten since Thanksgiving.

"It's coming down to the wire," Ally commented as she gently touched it.

"Yeah it is and I can't wait."

So, how's Bruce?" Ally asked.

"He's good and is going to be my labor coach," Amber responded with a big smile.

"He must really love you and visa versa ," Ally's answered.

"He has doubts about that part."

"Doubts?"

"Yeah doubts. He still has this belief that after the baby arrives I will dump him." Amber commented.

"Really?"

"Before that he was under the impression that I would use him as a babysitter so I could go out and date other men."

"Men, at best they are still babies inside," Ally responded as she slid out of her sisters bed and headed back to her room.

The next few days were long and a flurry of activity. Bruce was up at 6:00 am the following day to go shopping and then he headed back home to wrap his purchases. He waited until around 8:00 am before he headed to Amber's house where they spent the morning together. As Amber's older sister was home and still sleeping they had to curtail their sexual activities until she left for the gym.

Bruce then headed to work where he put in a five hour day before he headed home. After dinner he helped his parents clean house in preparation for the Christmas dinner guests. The amount of people invited was less than Thanksgiving with only the Grandparents and his Aunt Hazel attending.

It was the same story at Amber's house, company coming just not alot of people. Amber and Bruce video chatted every night where they teased each other on what they purchased for Christmas.

"There is one gift I cannot give you until we are alone," he told her.

"Why is that?"

"It might be considered inappropriate."

"So, will I see you Christmas day?" she asked changing the topic.

"Of course."

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments