Find your next favourite story now
Login

Most Memorable Movie Scenes That have Stayed with You Always?

last reply
46 replies
8.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
The scene from Ghostbusters 2 (1989) where the Titanic arrives. Anything that involves Cheech Marin seems to brighten any movie, however small the part.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Lurker
0 likes

REIGN OVER ME

Right at 4:10

Administration
0 likes
Independence Day 1996 President speech. I cry every single time I hear it. I'm crying now posting it and that's just silly. shaking my head
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Kong fighting the T-Rex in the original 1933 King Kong (and the Empire State Building, and a bunch of other scenes)

Tokyo in ruins after Godzilla's first attack in the 1954 Gojira. Clearly, and deliberately, based on pictures of the ruins of Hiroshima and Nagasaki since Godzilla started out as a metaphor for nuclear weapons.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Administration
0 likes
Labyrinth 1986 - Sara and the Goblin King's final confrontation. I remember falling in love with David Bowie then and I was only 10.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
No subtitles but... are they really necessary?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Administration
0 likes
The Battles of Helm's Deep is amazing. It is shot in such a way that no matter how many times I see it, my heart is pounding by the time the first arrow flies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Sticking with the battle theme, this is one of the most moving scenes I know. The music, the desperation, and the culmination of the theme of having the opportunity to prove one's worth all come together for a harrowing, exciting one last charge. Despite knowing how the movie ends, and how the actual battle ended doesn't diminish how absorbed I am each time I watch this.
Hey! I write!

If you're into Twilight Zone, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-that-orange-feeling-.aspx][color=orange]That Orange Feeling
[/url]
If you're feeling naughty, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/twas-the-night-after-christmas.aspx][color=green]Twas the Night After Christmas[/url]
If you're into tear jerkers, read this: A Hundred Breaths

Thank you!
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Dance scene fro "Picnic"... William Holden and Kim Novak.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Where Eagles Dare, the escape in the bus. A little cheesy but I love it.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
This scene, like many others in the film, Rush, was memorable for it being true. Nikki Lauda was an inspiration to many. may he rest in peace.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The testing scene is so moving for the duke's son and the meaning of the movie's premise. Pain is the mind-killer, so true.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes
The finale of No Country for Old Men. I won't post it but boy, does it make you jump!

Mystica Flora
0 likes

The finale of "The Thin Red Line."

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace