Three Word Story

last reply
2.4k replies
325k views
2 watchers
3 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Well, this is a story site... and we might as well play games with them too- right?
Ok, this is how it works: you are only allowed to post three words (not including punctuation, do as much or as little of that as is grammatically allowed). These three words can be as funny or silly or serious or whatever you feel like as you want.
Only three, no more, no less. We'll be telling a story together, and it will probably go to really weird places, but that's the fun of it.

Oh, and for the fun of it, you can only post after another person for this game, no multiple-posts-in-a-row spamming, for the fun of it.

I'll start us off smile

Once upon a
0 likes
Quote by Maximus

Only three, no more, no less. We'll be telling a story together, and it will probably go to really weird places, but that's the fun of it.

Once upon a

... clear dark night
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Once upon a

... clear dark night

an elderly man
Lurker
0 likes
with a wicked
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
cat who ate
Lurker
0 likes
all of his
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
freshly caught shrimp
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
Lurker
0 likes
in a most
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
peculiar, yet satisfyingly
Tell me a fact and I’ll learn. Tell me a truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever. I heard this from Steve Sabol about his father.
Lurker
0 likes
white china bowl.
Lurker
0 likes
Once upon a clear dark night an elderly man with a wicked cat who ate all of his freshly caught shrimp in a most peculiar, yet satisfyingly white china bowl.

There were sounds
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Once upon a clear dark night an elderly man with a wicked cat who ate all of his freshly caught shrimp in a most peculiar, yet satisfyingly white china bowl.

There were sounds outside his window
Lurker
0 likes

There were sounds outside his window as the wind
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
There were sounds outside his window as the wind

turbine that spins
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
came crashing down
Lurker
0 likes

There were sounds outside his window as the wind turbine that spins came crashing down scattering the crows. The sounds of
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

There were sounds outside his window as the wind turbine that spins came crashing down scattering the crows. The sounds of wings, furious and

flapping came through
Lurker
0 likes

There were sounds outside his window as the wind turbine that spins came crashing down scattering the crows. The sounds of wings, furious and flapping came through the darkness.
Lurker
0 likes
And with that
Lurker
0 likes
And with that

become clear that
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

There were sounds outside his window as the wind turbine that spins came crashing down scattering the crows. The sounds of wings, furious and flapping came through the darkness.

And with that become clear that the old man's
If you can read this I'll enjoy your company.
Lurker
0 likes
home was not
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

And with that become clear that the old man's home was not a good place
If you can read this I'll enjoy your company.
Lurker
0 likes

And with that become clear that the old man's home was not a good place, not like before.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

And with that become clear that the old man's home was not a good place, not like before.

He chose to
One day at a time is enough. Don't look back and grieve the past, it's gone... don't be troubled about the future it has yet to come... live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Lurker
0 likes
ignore it for
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
he already knew
Lurker
0 likes
the reason it