Find your next favourite story now
Login

Announcing our CHEERS TO 10 YEARS celebration!

last reply
44 replies
6.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Bump!

Still a few days to go. Get those stories in.

Where we stand now:

Ultra Short - 21 stories
Flash - 9 stories
Full Length - 8 stories (counting one that I know is the queue)

Unique authors - 14 (manual count so error bars of +/- 1 likely apply)

So 38 stories all told from 14 different authors. Would be nice to see some more faces in the list, but I think this is going fairly well, really.

Who's next with a story?

And, yes, the 8th full length that is in the queue is mine so I will have one story in each, mods willing. Might try for a couple more shorter ones before the deadline but we shall see.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
We are into the final 48 hours and the stories keep coming!

Ultra Short - 25 stories
Flash - 13 stories
Full Length - 9 stories

So that's 47 stories (including a smattering of poetry) from 16 authors. Impressive haul in our literary trick or treat!

There's still time left. Will we get more?

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
It's the final countdown. Who still has a story to get in under the wire? What will be the last submission?

Clum got a good last minute story in, so do give it some love today.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-paper-.aspx

Oh, and some big hairy ape barged in yesterday afternoon with an unexpected entry. Yeesh, gorillas.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-musings-of-a-forgotten-deity-.aspx

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Since the competitions remained open this morning I decided to create one more story to fit in the full-length category. That way I am covered for all three of the contests.

It has certainly been fun. I hope we have reached some new folks who will become members and remain with us.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
What a competition. The challenge of writing multiple quality stories in a few weeks was a new one. Glad I got as many done as I did.

As we await the judges' verdicts, here's the final totals:

Ultra - 28 stories & poems (apparently Curiousannie snuck one in under the wire that I didn't see yesterday)
Flash - 14 stories
Full - 10 stories

Total: 52 stories and poems. Good job, SS.

Unique authors (across all comps): 20 (as always, it's a manual count so probably a +/-1 error bar on that)

All in all, looks pretty good for our 10th anniversary celebration. I, for one, am glad to have been a part of it.

Lurker
0 likes
This was really fun for me! It has taken me a minute to scrub my mind and write here, but I am really enjoying the challenge. I had written a 3-story children's series I may post here and see if readers like. It has been searching for a home for a couple of years. smile Best wishes to the entries in the 3 contests!
Lurker
0 likes
Hi, when do you anticipate announcing the results?
Administration
0 likes
Quote by KimmiBeGood
Hi, when do you anticipate announcing the results?

Hey, the tentative announcement date is Nov. 17th.
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Thanks for your patience, everyone! All the stories have been double-checked for word count and selected word requirements, and are now ready for our judging panel. We are aiming for a Nov. 17th announcement, but with the high volume of submissions that may be pushed out a bit. We want to make sure we give our volunteer judges ample time to review all the entries.
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal
The announcement will be made tomorrow, Friday, November 20th. Again, thank you for your patience. A plethora of top-notch submissions made judging these contests VERY difficult!

The suspense is killing me.