last reply
16 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share some news with you. Over the past few months I’ve found the time I have available for Stories Space has unfortunately lessened and I’ve been finding it difficult to keep up with everything that’s going on around the site.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot and have decided that I’m no longer able to give Stories Space the time that it needs. Because of this I’ve asked Yas (Sherzahd) to take over and she’s thankfully agreed. It was a difficult decision because the site has meant a lot to me in the almost three years that it’s been going and I’ve become attached to the place, so I’ll miss being a part of it in that way.

Yas knows all the ins and outs of the site and is more than capable of taking it on so I know Stories Space will be in good hands. Maggie and Alan will also still be around doing a wonderful job as always.

I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the years (especially Nicola and Gav for getting the site up and running in the first place) and for helping to make this place such a supportive and creative environment for writers and readers to spend their time.

Lisa
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
You've set such high standards for Yas to follow, Lisa. But I know you've chosen wisely.

I can only thank you once again for what you've achieved with this website.

My very best wishes to you - as always.

Steffanie
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Lisa, you're an absolute star, and YAYYYYYYY you'll still be here!

Sherzahd, WOOOO! I shall make more of an effort to send fan mail through the Contact Us button.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

I echo those sentiments, I think Lisa's efforts and guidance in the early days of this fine site did a lot to make it what it is today...and don't forget about us Lisa...you know, stop by now and then to say hello or something...

On another note...it looks like I'm going to have to be nice to Yas from now on if I can expect those big pay raises and Christmas bonuses...I should be able to handle that though...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

I echo those sentiments, I think Lisa's efforts and guidance in the early days of this fine site did a lot to make it what it is today...and don't forget about us Lisa...you know, stop by now and then to say hello or something...

On another note...it looks like I'm going to have to be nice to Yas from now on if I can expect those big pay raises and Christmas bonuses...I should be able to handle that though...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by steffanie

0 likes
Best of luck with all the projects you have on the go, Lisa, and thank you for creating such a lovely web site here. Maybe now though you'll have a chance to write and post a story here, though?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Daisy
Lisa, you're an absolute star, and YAYYYYYYY you'll still be here!

Sherzahd, WOOOO! I shall make more of an effort to send fan mail through the Contact Us button.

It was nice getting your emails now and then. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by steffanie

Thanks, Alan. I'll definitely still be around. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by steffanie
You've set such high standards for Yas to follow, Lisa. But I know you've chosen wisely.

My very best wishes to you - as always.

Steffanie

Thank you, Steffanie!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Best of luck with all the projects you have on the go, Lisa, and thank you for creating such a lovely web site here. Maybe now though you'll have a chance to write and post a story here, though?

Thank you, Gypsy. If I do post a story I'll be putting it in the critique forum first in the hope that I'll receive a Gypsy critique. I mentioned to someone recently that they should post their work in one of those groups because your critiques are always spot on and very thorough. Thank you for your efforts in there.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm very new to this site, yet I can see you've been doing such a wonderful job and within days of my joining it was only to you and Yas, I interacted the most. I can safely say that the job has been shifted from capable hands to another of the same caliber. Cheers to you both smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Here's wishing Sherzahd every success with Stories Space along with great things for the site. She's my favourite pain-in-the-bum and I know she'll do great things here.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Here's wishing Sherzahd every success with Stories Space along with great things for the site. She's my favourite pain-in-the-bum and I know she'll do great things here.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Though I have hung up my pen, I wanted to take the opportunity to say three things:

(1) Thanks to the entire staff at Storiesspace for the great work that they do.

(2) Good luck, Sherzahd, though I don’t think that you’ll need it. My encounters with you have left no doubt in my mind that your energy and talent will propel Storiesspace to new heights.

(3) Please, please, please, everyone. Store your natural peanut butter upside down. It will enhance your peanut butter experience immeasurably.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Lisa.. I hope your journey from here takes you to the places you want to be.. thank you for your friendship and all that you have done over the years.. your star is still the brightest in the sky..

Yas.. wow.. after all these years you still amaze me.. what an undertaking.. but I anticipate that it will be as successful and rewarding as all of your endeavors.. wishing you the best is a given.. let me know if I can help you get a running start..

Love both of you..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well as usual Ck is late to the party.

Thanks Lisa for all of your hard work and encouragement.
Have enjoyed the interaction with you my friend, hope you visit once in awhile. Good luck in what ever you do.

Yasmin Congrats. I am sure that Stories Space will continue to grow under your guidance. Wishing you every success.
"No one knows when the final grain of sand will plummet through their own personal Hourglass." ~ CKAcres
"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."
"Scars of life are deeply etched within the minds of curious old souls."
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I have not been here long enough to really comprehend what Lisa has done here, but I am glad that we have become friends elsewhere and that Sherzahd will become a dear friend here. And both were diligent in finally getting me my Autobiographer Badge! Yay!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lisa, best of luck on your new adventures.
Yaz congrats on your new undertaking.
All Alone my latest story.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Nice job everyone. I am so very lucky and happy to have both ladies as friends. Life is good, then and now.