last reply
288 replies
17.3k views
15 watchers
56 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Molly

I've noticed the "likes" are still not staying checked. I've reported this issue.

I've noticed it mainly when liking story comments. Is it happening elsewhere, too? I thought story Likes and forum Like were working properly.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Hey, how can we add a thread to the Forum? Or is that a mod-only activity?

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Administration
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Hey, how can we add a thread to the Forum? Or is that a mod-only activity?

Nope, you can do it. Go to the appropriate section where you want to make one and click Create A New Topic at the top of the page.

Shy Scribbler
0 likes

Is the cash out of coins working? I had almost 375, so purchased rest on Dec 3. Got msg saying new coin purchase was pending 14 days, but still can’t cash out.

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Administration
1 like

Quote by WriterGirl

Is the cash out of coins working? I had almost 375, so purchased rest on Dec 3. Got msg saying new coin purchase was pending 14 days, but still can’t cash out.

I'll ask them to check that out.

In the meantime, if you'd like to raise a ticket please click here: https://www.storiesspace.com/support/new-ticket

Shy Scribbler
1 like

Thanks! I raised ticket.

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

I need to alter my forum signature but can't work out how to do it. Any clues?

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Kaiju-adjacent
1 like

Quote by AnnaMayZing

I need to alter my forum signature but can't work out how to do it. Any clues?

Forum > More > Forum Settings (I recently did this and had to ask too smile )

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Forum > More > Forum Settings (I recently did this and had to ask too smile )

Thanks, Verbs. I searched right through my profile settings, to no avail. I would never have thought of going there. Not obvious, is it? 🤣

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Administration
0 likes

As I'm sure many of you saw, the site was down for maintenance. It was a slight glitch in our system update. All should be well now but if you come across anything it may have affected, please let me know.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Molly

As I'm sure many of you saw, the site was down for maintenance. It was a slight glitch in our system update. All should be well now but if you come across anything it may have affected, please let me know.

Thanks for the update. As an IT guy, I suspected something like this but it is still worrisome when a site is out for that long.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Magnificent Bastard
1 like

The comments for the new competition story aren’t shown anymore and can’t be accessed. Is this already being addressed?

The story is actually only shown as a draft via Molly’s link above. It isn’t shown on the front page either.

Thx

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Shy Scribbler
0 likes

I messed up, Ping. I’ve msgd Molly. I hit edit and fixed a typo where I called a character by wrong name, then hit Republish and it just sits in drafts. Doesn’t say pending approval. No buttons shown except “preview”. I doubt it’s in queue since sitting in drafts. Hopefully Molly can get it back. sad

Crazy old ape
1 like

Quote by Ping
The story is actually only shown as a draft via Molly’s link above. It isn’t shown on the front page either.

Um, that is weird. Drafts should not be visible to outside people even through a link, should they? Even mods should only see them once they are submitted.

Administration
1 like

Quote by Ping

The comments for the new competition story aren’t shown anymore and can’t be accessed. Is this already being addressed?

Thx

Thank you for letting me know this. I've reported it.

All sorted and you should be able to access it correctly now.

Administration
1 like

Quote by WriterGirl

I messed up, Ping. I’ve msgd Molly. I hit edit and fixed a typo where I called a character by wrong name, then hit Republish and it just sits in drafts. Doesn’t say pending approval. No buttons shown except “preview”. I doubt it’s in queue since sitting in drafts. Hopefully Molly can get it back. sad

I sent you a message.

Administration
1 like

I wanted to let you all know that in the edit boxes or even making threads, you might see words wordings split to the next line in random places. They are sorting it and it appears normal when you hit enter/submit. I just wanted to give you all a heads-up in case it has looked weird. It's not you.

Shy Scribbler
1 like

I noticed that too. And when I pasted from Google Docs, my EM dashes and ellipses turned into weird characters. I had to redo them all.

Bless you for getting my comp story back out!!! ❤️

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Molly

I wanted to let you all know that in the edit boxes or even making threads, you might see words wordings split to the next line in random places. They are sorting it and it appears normal when you hit enter/submit. I just wanted to give you all a heads-up in case it has looked weird. It's not you.

I have noticed and just not got around to reporting since, as you say, it sorts itself once submitted.