Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.3k replies
407k views
17 watchers
960 likes
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Massive storm hit the area. Starts in about 3 hours, but the real thing isn’t until tomorrow. I have a cardio appointment. Oh joy!

We have food and coffee and cat food, we are ready for the snow.

Baseball is in a week!

Other than that same ol same ol with the same ol retired couple, here in Colorado.

I’d love a coffee and a cookie.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

getting the coffee and tea going . Today's coffee is coffee du Monde dark roast and the teas are red rose and Earl Grey

I have fresh cookies today too.. bring out the Yogi Bear, Snoopy Scooby-Doo and Quickdraw Mcgraw cookie jars filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies

cleaning out the empty glass cookie jars

In Yogi is the regular cookies , Snoopy has diabetic friendly cookies ,Scooby has scooby snacks and Quickdraw has the gluten free cookies

Yogi : snickerdoodles, ginger snaps, banana marshmallow and apple cinnamon shortbread cookies

Snoopy: oatmeal raisin, maple walnut, blackberry shortbread cookies and cinnamon stars

Scooby-Doo:cherry, chocolate, strawberry and honey graham

Quickdraw: butterscotch marshmallow, oatmeal raisin, cherry shortbread and peppermint candy cane cookies

Busy week ... spring cleaned storage unit on Monday and yesterday helped with a funeral luncheon for a sweet lady who was my Sunday school teacher.

It's raining here.

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

Pouring a large mug of coffee and grabbing a couple of cookies

Stay warm and safe everyonesmile

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by DenimAngel
It's raining here.

That's my fault. smile Raining here too.

I'll have a Scooby Snack!

Crazy old ape
0 likes

takes an oatmeal raising and a maple walnut from Snoopy

Good evening. Lovely here today but the rain starts tomorrow apparently. Not sure I can blames that on verbs, either.

Putting on some Canadian Blueberry herbal tea for evening caffeine-free sipping.

Renewed all my cars tonight. It's kind of pointless now since Ontario no longer charges for plate renewals. It's really just a way to get you to confirm your current address. Not that I'm complaining. With three cars on my account, it would have got expensive with what they used to charge. Next renewal is two years and by then maybe I'll have transferred one to Ape, Jr.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

As always (well, nearly always), the snowstorm was not as fierce as predicted. We did get several inches, but no blowy blizzard craziness.

Fire is on, snow is blanketing the ground, and I was able to make my doc appointment a virtual one, so all is calm. It's a day to put on the headphones and disappear into writing for a few hours.

Coffee and tea sale! Cookie sale! Pie sale! Everything is free! Come on in!

Carey’d away.
0 likes

The way I went from not knowing a single Tom Petty song to recognizing Breakdown from the first few notes so fast it's ridiculous.

That's it; that's the post.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

The way I went from not knowing a single Tom Petty song to recognizing Breakdown from the first few notes so fast it's ridiculous.

That's it; that's the post.

You kids today and your crazy rock music. (Kidding, I love TP.)

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Quote by verbal
You kids today and your crazy rock music. (Kidding, I love TP.)

Very funny. My first thought was Toilet Paper even though I know you meant Tom Petty (or Tom Pretty as I like to call him sometimes).

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Got the self-publish version of complete HIGH/HUMBLE tale out on Kindle yesterday. Story seems to read okay but I made a mess of intro information ( damn technology!). Will have a brief go at correct it . But I have to decide whether to start a crime story that has been bubbling around in my mixed-up head. That stroke has left me with uncertain spelling problems. Just last week I struggled when wanting to write the simple word 'one' and lingered over my brain wanting to start with a 'w'. It's becoming less bothersome. (See that word came easily).

I'll have a hot chocolate and one of Sara's short bread cookies---which flavour though?

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by redwriter

Got the self-publish version of complete HIGH/HUMBLE tale out on Kindle yesterday. Story seems to read okay but I made a mess of intro information ( damn technology!). Will have a brief go at correct it . But I have to decide whether to start a crime story that has been bubbling around in my mixed-up head. That stroke has left me with uncertain spelling problems. Just last week I struggled when wanting to write the simple word 'one' and lingered over my brain wanting to start with a 'w'. It's becoming less bothersome. (See that word came easily).

I'll have a hot chocolate and one of Sara's short bread cookies---which flavour though?

Maybe spell check or Grammerly could be helpful with that pesky spelling issue, Red.

We are socked in with a foot of snow. After this second cup of coffee kicks in, I've got to go out an attempt to shovel us out. Might take a few sessions.

It's absolutely beautiful out. Like a postcard. It's supposed to snow again this afternoon!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Crazy old ape
1 like

With Tom Petty being a hot topic around here, how's about some classic Petty to entertain us this evening. This one has Tom with his band The Heartbreakers in a rather freaky video inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

And from his 1989 solo album Full Moon Fever, one of those songs that's probably going to live for the ages.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good evening, folks. Posting a new Author's Publish in a bit. Hope all had a good week and have something to look forward to this weekend.

I'll put on some Cranberry Rooibos from my local tea shop. Rooibos comes from South Africa and is caffeine free so perfect for evening drinking.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Maybe spell check or Grammerly could be helpful with that pesky spelling issue, Red.

We are socked in with a foot of snow. After this second cup of coffee kicks in, I've got to go out an attempt to shovel us out. Might take a few sessions.

It's absolutely beautiful out. Like a postcard. It's supposed to snow again this afternoon!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Keep the snow Jeff do NOT send it my way !!!!!!! mad

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

With Tom Petty being a hot topic around here, how's about some classic Petty to entertain us this evening.

Hot topic is right, although I definitely don't mean it in the same way as you do.

Crazy old ape
1 like

No snow here. They are calling for possible flurries early next week but it will be relatively warm and could be showers as well so not expecting anything to actually stick.

And it's Saturday so those of us who are workin' folks are taking it easy. Sunny here right now but supposed to be mostly cloudy. No water, liquid or frozen, falling from the sky today, though.

Coffee is Deathwish Dark. Teas are Original Earl Grey (mix of orange and bergamot instead of just bergamot) and English Breakfast. Washed and refilled the cold drinks (iced tea and lemonade). Hot chocolate, other teas, and the marshmallows for the former all stocked up.

Welcome to the weekend, folks!!

(and for JustAnotherSapphic, more Petty, this time with a few of his musical friends)

Sad that of this great supergroup, only Dylan and Lynne remain.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

(and for JustAnotherSapphic, more Petty, this time with a few of his musical friends)

Sad that of this great supergroup, only Dylan and Lynne remain.

Petty? More like Pretty.

...and I'm listening to him's solo stuff today. Getting emotional over one of him's songs wasn't something I thought I'd be doing, either, but there we are.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Thanks for the advice, Verbal. But before having to resort to Grammerly comes that awful blankness in the brain telling me "You know this word"--on occasion the very threat of Grammerly, magically clears the mind. But not enough enough.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Happy St Patrick's Day

I have fresh cookies...st Patrick's Day themed

putting out the pot of gold cookie jar and filling it to the tippy top

moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter

brewing some Cafe du Monde Coffee and Earl Grey and lucky leprechaun teas

Today's cookies are pots of gold ,shanrocks,top hats,leprechauns, gold coins and rainbows

It's chilly here but supposed to warm up tomorrowsmile

Stay warm today wave

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by DenimAngel

Happy St Patrick's Day

I have fresh cookies...st Patrick's Day themed

putting out the pot of gold cookie jar and filling it to the tippy top

moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter

brewing some Cafe du Monde Coffee and Earl Grey and lucky leprechaun teas

Today's cookies are pots of gold ,shanrocks,top hats,leprechauns, gold coins and rainbows

It's chilly here but supposed to warm up tomorrowsmile

Stay warm today wave

Those are some good looking cookies Sara! I’ll have a large handful.

Therapist today, which is a good thing generally. That and some writing, maybe a walk.

Baseball is imminent! 10 days away! Things are about to get busy. Denver in a couple of weeks, and then the eclipse - we’re going to Oklahoma.

Time to get up and at it. Coffee would be swell to go with all those cookies!

Story Moderator
0 likes

It was a good weekend. My middle son, his girlfriend, and their adorable, goofy pug all came up for a visit. We all ended up with Covid a few weeks ago and couldn't get together as planned. It was a pleasant, calm visit; none of us have a lot of strength back yet. I am pretty sick of getting sick with Covid. It seems to make a reappearance every Feb, despite everyone being vaccinated.

I'm looking forward to an uneventful week. I'll take a few cookies to go. Have a great week, everyone. Cheers.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza

It was a good weekend. My middle son, his girlfriend, and their adorable, goofy pug all came up for a visit. We all ended up with Covid a few weeks ago and couldn't get together as planned. It was a pleasant, calm visit; none of us have a lot of strength back yet. I am pretty sick of getting sick with Covid. It seems to make a reappearance every Feb, despite everyone being vaccinated.

I'm looking forward to an uneventful week. I'll take a few cookies to go. Have a great week, everyone. Cheers.

I can see the comfort of sitting around with fam, no one at full energy.

I have a phone call with the Mayo Clinic (!!!) this morning, followed by a visit to my neuro here in town. Big day, folks. Fingers crossed.

Other than that, same ol, same ol. Trying to learn how to write a "pitch." Erg.

Coffee and a cookie please.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza
I am pretty sick of getting sick with Covid.

I've had it twice, the second time only a month after getting my shot of the XBB vaccine in December 2023. I was on a cruise and got sick almost as soon as I got home so must have been exposed on the ship.

Good evening. Put on a pot of Vanilla Rooibos for evening drinking.

Not much happening here. Winter is trying for a last gasp after basically not happening in February.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Enjoying progress as the world goes back. Yesterday I managed a walk from the back garden to the front, and thence down the drive an across to the other side of the road. A walking stick ensured balance. My good lady and my sister tracked close behind me, each convinced that I'm due to fall at any minute. I didn't, and haven't yet. Wiil repeat the exercise today--if the rain stops! But it was definitely progress.

Hot chocolate to celebrate and an Irish cookie if Verbal as left some. Hope phone chat with Mayo and the visit to your neuro both raised your spirits, Jeff. Health can be an ever-present shadow on the brightness of life, can't it?

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by redwriter

Enjoying progress as the world goes back. Yesterday I managed a walk from the back garden to the front, and thence down the drive an across to the other side of the road. A walking stick ensured balance. My good lady and my sister tracked close behind me, each convinced that I'm due to fall at any minute. I didn't, and haven't yet. Wiil repeat the exercise today--if the rain stops! But it was definitely progress.

Hot chocolate to celebrate and an Irish cookie if Verbal as left some. Hope phone chat with Mayo and the visit to your neuro both raised your spirits, Jeff. Health can be an ever-present shadow on the brightness of life, can't it?

Thank goodness for that walking stick, and for your cautious companions! We're really happy you didn't fall.

And yeah, my neuro troubles are a shadow, but they aren't slowing me down. Just making the journey more annoying. I've got too much to do to slow down.

Tough edit today - just got back a TON on notes on a thing getting published in May. It's a little overwhelming.

Red, the joy of a virtual cafe is that there are ALWAYS more cookies! Ha! I'll have 17 more! And a coffee please!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Rain has certainly interfered with the walking out. It hasn't stopped for two days. Now comes the news of colder weather on the way. Health and bad weather certainly bug with life. Jeff, I realise it is a virtual cafe but my imagination thrives on the glorious image of you plundering countless cookies and becoming increasingly obese!

BTW and more seriously, have you heard anything about Cora , very regular but the last report she forwarded suggested that she was confined to her bed. It's been a number of weeks now and this site needs the input of somepne of her caring personality.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by redwriter

Rain has certainly interfered with the walking out. It hasn't stopped for two days. Now comes the news of colder weather on the way. Health and bad weather certainly bug with life. Jeff, I realise it is a virtual cafe but my imagination thrives on the glorious image of you plundering countless cookies and becoming increasingly obese!

BTW and more seriously, have you heard anything about Cora , very regular but the last report she forwarded suggested that she was confined to her bed. It's been a number of weeks now and this site needs the input of somepne of her caring personality.

17 cookies a day, keeps the doctor away. Or something like that.

Sorry about the rain, Red. Spring is imminent! Summer is just behind it. It's sunny but cool here.

Editing today. Feeling nervous about it. Afterward I might get a haircut. Heck, I might get them all cut. (Sorry for the Dad joke).

Coffee and 17 more cookies please. I'm getting so FAT!

Carey’d away.
0 likes

It's dumb but Tom Pretty has become my comfort artist even more over the last week or so.

I was having a bad night last Thursday and, as soon as I'd shoved in my earbuds and started listening to him, my mood was lifted.

I - I don't know what I'd do without him's music.

Kaiju-adjacent
1 like

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

It's dumb but Tom Pretty has become my comfort artist even more over the last week or so.

I was having a bad night last Thursday and, as soon as I'd shoved in my earbuds and started listening to him, my mood was lifted.

I - I don't know what I'd do without him's music.

I saw him in concert, back in the day. Lenny Kravitz opened. GOOD concert.

My daughters turn the radio up to 11 and sing along top volume whenever American Girl comes on the radio.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Hope everyone is well. We're heading down to Pueblo, to visit with family. Of course, since Pueblo has the best Mexican food in all the land, we will be porking out.

Same ol same ol here. Still editing this damn story. Gorgeous day out.

May I have a coffee and a cookie (just one)?

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good evening. Thought I would pop by. I am writing again. Two stories on the go, both promising to be long and involved. And, to be honest, I'm not sure they're coming here. This place just does not seem to be the place for long, involved stories anymore. Other than Red's story (BTW, I have read the first two chapters and it is very good. It's just not my cuppa genre-wise so the going is a bit slow) and Verb's memoir, it's all micros and poems it seems. One of my stories is at 3300 words and counting. The other is lagging a bit behind but will definitely be a longer work as well.

Anyhow, that's where I am at. Will be around from time to time like this but probably less regular, at least for a while. Need to cut back the other place, too, really. Not going to be writing for there for a while.