Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.2k replies
404k views
17 watchers
931 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Hey there! It's Mooooooooooooooonday!!! No, I'm not really that perky, just hoping that sounding like it will eventually make me perkier. Bit tired and achy after spending yesterday in the sun assembling a new gas BBQ for the deck at home. I will be scarce the next few days due to a workshop for work so you might be stuck with verb's Costco coffee.

Coffee for today, though, is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Fresh and hot, in the pot. Teas are English Breakfast and Sunday Tea (black tea with Bourbon Vanilla). Iced tea and lemonade are mixed and in the fridge awaiting those who need a cold drink.

So, how's things, Inspirations? Have a good one!

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Story Moderator
0 likes

Thankfully I don't drink coffee so I won't miss it. It's a dreary rainy day here. Not great for the pools opening or for Memorial day get togethers.

I cannot start driving until next week, so I'm cooking and experimenting with a lot of things. The pretzels turned out well. The bagels were okay, but it was too much work involved for the outcome. This weekend I started making sauerkraut. I won't know the outcome of that for a week or so. I also made watermelon sorbet (delicious) and lemon-lime sorbet. I liked it but it was a bit tart for others.

Have a great week everyone. Cheers!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
1 like

Sorry for being gone it was a busy week last week and now I'm rested.

A large iced tea with lemon and sugar

cleaning out the empty cookie jars and filling the glass cookie jars with memorial day themed

No plans Today at the moment

Today's cookies are fireworks, stars and flip flops and USA cookies

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

First one in! You know what that means!? COSTCO COFFEE!!! Plus the ever popular Kitty Zoomies and Drowsy Doggy teas. And Memorial Day cookies!

Today: finish a story about dogs that turn suddenly intelligent. The opening is good, I've got no ending. Then back to the comp entry I guess. Also walk! Also watch baseball! And the Succession conclusion!

We made more progress on our Friends Lego set! We get to build Monica next!

Seize the week everyone. A coffee and a cookie please!

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

No one has been in for 24 hours!? Must be that nasty Costco blend. Here's a blend I call Monkeyshines, picked by actual monkeys off the coast of Madagascar. Tasty! No monkey poop was involved! I promise!

Plus, the ever popular teas: Kitty Zoomies and Drowsy Doggy. There's an old SNL skit about Puppy Uppers I'm trying to remember, but cannot.

Anyway. Time to write. I think I found the ending to the dog story.

Coffee and a flag cookie please!

Story Moderator
0 likes

Kitty Zoomies, please. Or perhaps I should wait until the morning. An uneventful week so far. I'm good with that.

Two more days until the weekend, yeah.

Cheers everyone!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Okay, Costco Select coffee, Kitty Zoomies and Drowsy Doggy teas, a plate of fine cookies (munch, munch).

I filled out my All Star ballot this morning, Sara. Mets won last night, but the Braves are probably the best team in baseball right now.

No Talia Thursday, lunch with daughter, work on the comp entry, walk, watch the game. My life is so predictable.

All for now. Coffee to go please!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

A beautiful day here.

Today's cookies are Summer themed,,,suns,ice creams,pink flamingos,pineapples and watermelon

moving the cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filing the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies

A large glass iced tea would be great adding sugar and lemon

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats shaped like beach balls

Jeff I filled mine out yesterday and a couple of Mets made it on to my 2nd ballot yay for 5 ballots a day

I was supposed to go see the Braves vs Dbacks this weekend but it didn't work out as planned. mad

So it might be the Phillies in 2 weeks or the Mets or Mariners in July

But I'll get to a game eventually smile

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good evening. Okay, my three-day management course is over so I might get back on track with both the forum and with my comp entry. I've got weird monsters in Toronto Harbour (who are not members of the Ford family) and that's about as far as it's gone.

Kitty Zoomies and a sun cookie.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Ape is makin' coffee. Hot weather here, but not too muggy at least. Still, we fired up the AC a couple days ago.

Coffee is a Costa Rican dark roast. Teas are Assam and English Breakfast. Pitchers of iced tea and lemonade are washed and refilled. Soda stock looks good.

Later.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Thank God, I was getting sick of that Costco dreck. Appreciate the setup.

Same ol, same ol. This comp entry won’t behave, and it’s wandering away from the theme. Just gonna keep driving it toward the ending. Talia has had a long work week, so we are gonna kick back and relax tonight, and perhaps all weekend.

Weather is warm and cloudy. I got caught in the rain during my walk yesterday. It was (mostly) fun. It may happen again today. Mets play James's Blue Jays tonight. Identical records.

Coffee and a sun cookie please.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quiet in here. Everyone must be out enjoying the good weather. Well, assuming their weather is as good as mine. Sunny but a bit on the hot side. Got the lawn done this morning before things got too steamy.

Putting on a pot of Nicaraguan medium from Las Chicas for the coffee set. Teas are English Breakfast and Earl Grey. Iced tea and lemonade are mixed up in the fridge. Oh, and I've been busy in the kitchen.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

It's Monday! Are you all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for another thrilling week?!

Groans and sound of things being thrown

Maybe some coffee or tea will "perk" you up.😁

More groans and things being thrown

Coffee du jour is a dark roast from Brazil. Teas are Red Rose and Cream of Earl Grey. There's fresh batches of iced tea and lemonade in the fridge along with sodas.

Later, alligators!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Thanks for the setup. I was getting tired of that brown sawdust from Costco.

Rainy weekend, but we've emerged unscathed. Mets, not so much: swept by the BJs! At least they don't play today.

Hitting the comp entry today. At least it's shorter and makes a little bit more sense this time through. It's a cool day for a walk, and I'll have to dodge rainclouds, but I'll probably get one of those in too.

Coffee and a cookie please!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Morning folks

A busy day but I have FRESH COOKIES today

*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filing the glass cookie jars to the tippy top *

Today's cookies are rainy day theme. It's sunny here but these cookies are super cute

Clouds ,suns, raindrops, umbrella and white squares

A large coffee would be perfect to get my day going.

BRAVES won 2 out of 3 games with the DBacks worship

Crazy old ape
1 like

Ape is up early. Those cookies look mighty good. We need some rain here so I will eat a couple raindrops and see if that works some kind of magic.

Meanwhile, I have Jamaican Blue Mountain in the coffee pot. Teapots have Sunday Tea and English Breakfast. The pitchers of iced tea and lemonade are washed and refilled.

Have a nice one, folks! I have an out of town meeting today so won't check in again until later in the day.

0 likes

I'll take a bug mig – or a big mug – of English Breakfast tea, please. And I'll check for GF cookies, then mosey on back to Sara's Space and find a comfy spot.

I don't want to read the comp entries yet as I have started my own. Not sure how it's going to work out, and haven't had enough time to do much on it, but there is hope!

See ya!

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla
We need some rain here so I will eat a couple raindrops and see if that works some kind of magic.

It's working here - big afternoon rains here, every day. I can dig it, though it's interfering with my walks,

Sara, not looking forward to the Braves taking on the Mets. It might be a bloodbath.

The comp entry...it's, um, going. Lots of work involved with this one. Not a good sign or a bad sign...sometimes good stories come in a flash, sometimes they take work. I too won't read a thing til I have an entry.

Coffee and a baseball cookie please.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

"Smoke gets in your eyes," goes the old song. Sadly, that's the weather forecast here in Ontario thanks to a spate of wildfires in Northeastern Ontario and Quebec. 🙁

But there's still coffee a brewin' and tea a steepin'. Got some nice Nicaraguan dark roast in the coffee pot. Irish Breakfast and Black Currant teas are also ready. Cold beverage pitchers are washed and refilled.

Later.

(Oh, I am completely at sea on my comp entries now and dealing with some home stuff so whatever I enter is going to be last minute, I think)

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Thanks for the set-up.

Good game last night, but the Mets lost. I am a masochist, so I will watch again tonight. Pain, thy name is baseball.

At least the comp entry is almost done. I'm not sure it's good, or even on-theme, but I have the ending. After throwing away my first 3000 words anyway.

Warm, sunny day today. Same old thing. Write, walk, supper with daughter, game.

I haven't sold a story in forever and it's beginning to mess with me.

At any rate. Coffee and a baseball cookie please.

Story Moderator
0 likes

I can't sleep so I thought I'd stop by for some kitty zoomies. I was sad to have to close the windows in my house after I had a problem with my asthma. I thought it was pollen from being in my gardens. I have been avoiding all news and only realized later that it was the smoke in the air. It just seemed cloudy and hazy, not unusual. I will have to occasionally brave the news now and then.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Cheers!.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

If i wanted to inhale smoke, I'd take up smoking weed or something. This wildfire stuff is getting nuts. A guy on another board posted pics from New Jersey of haze due to the Quebec fires.

But coffee is always here to get that smoky taste out of your mouth. Some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is brewed and ready. Teas are Scottish Breakfast and Lemon. Iced tea and lemonade are a chillin' in da fridge.

Have a nice one! Don't breath too much. 🤣

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Thanks for the setup, Ape.

Lord, but the Mets do suck. Lost five in a row now. I might skip tonight's game - it's getting depressing. Braves are looking good.

No Talia Thursday. It'll rain this weekend, so I am going to mow the lawn today, after I finish off this story. Fun!

Not much else going on. A coffee and a cookie would be swell.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

A busy week getting the yard ready for a small garden.

Today's cookies are baseball themed: bats,balls, gloves and caps

filling the glass cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies

Pouring a large glass of tea and adding in sugar and lemon

Braves are good. Sorry Jeff about the Braves .

0 likes

Good morning, campers! There's a forecast of rain around here today. Let's hope it happens. Lady Jay's garden is getting awfully dry, which means her flowers aren't happy, which means she's not happy, which means – guess who gets left holding the unhappy-bag?

I'll put on water for tea, and get the coffee started – Tanzanian Teaberry should do – then retire back to Sara's Space, and lounge around for a bit, see if anyone else wanders in.

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Hey, thanks Bear. That leaves me more time to get the iced tea and lemonade refreshed and the pop stocked.

Air is clearer here now but, as James said, still pretty dry. Had showers late afternoon yesterday but they were brief and light. Hopefully we get more on Sunday when there's a chance of showers here.

Shy Scribbler
1 like

Morning wave

My twin has a birth occurring on her porch in an empty hanging basket for plants. It's a baby dove (I think). Thought you might like to see...

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.