Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.3k replies
408k views
17 watchers
968 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Well, the weather turned out better than forecast. Rain ended by noon and the clouds broke this afternoon. Got in a nice walk to break in my new shoes even.

And came up with a new story for the comp. Just starting on it now. It's more complete in my head than the previous attempt so this is the one that might stick. Even if it is a bit on the weird side. Okay, probably a lot, but we'll see how it comes out in the end.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Glad you seem to be having a beautiful day, Mendalla. And good to know you have a solid idea you’re working on. I’m looking forward to reading the completed piece. 😊

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good morning, everyone.

It’s a dreary Sunday here. There were mild lightening and thunderstorms last night. I watched “Blackhawk Down” last night with my family. I’ve seen it before long ago but it was nice to watch again. A lot of notable actors in that movie. Another true war story, in addition to last week.

Drinking coffee with my family now and chilling with the dogs. Mass is in a few hours. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

Splendor

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by Cora

Good morning, everyone.

It’s a dreary Sunday here. There were mild lightening and thunderstorms last night. I watched “Blackhawk Down” last night with my family. I’ve seen it before long ago but it was nice to watch again. A lot of notable actors in that movie. Another true war story, in addition to last week.

Drinking coffee with my family now and chilling with the dogs. Mass is in a few hours. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

Cora, to expand on a movie I suggested to you last week, Greyhound is a Tom Hank’s movie about a battleship hunting submarines and the Battle of the Atlantic. Old school filmmaking, and I got the sense it was pretty accurate. More detailed than most. I LOVE submarine movies. Run Silent Run Deep comes to mind. Crimson Tide. And Red October of course.

Cleaning the house today as I watch the game. Preparing for Talia’s return. I am SO looking forward to it.

A lotta coffee would be wonderful.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
I LOVE submarine movies. Run Silent Run Deep comes to mind. Crimson Tide. And Red October of course.

Ditto. I forget if you're a Trekkie. The original series Star Trek episode Balance of Terror, which was the first appearance of the Romulans, was basically a submarine movie in space.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Mystica Flora
1 like

Quote by verbal

Cora, to expand on a movie I suggested to you last week, Greyhound is a Tom Hank’s movie about a battleship hunting submarines and the Battle of the Atlantic. Old school filmmaking, and I got the sense it was pretty accurate. More detailed than most. I LOVE submarine movies. Run Silent Run Deep comes to mind. Crimson Tide. And Red October of course.

Thanks for the "Greyhound" suggestion, verbal. I watched the trailer but I don't have Apple TV. I've heard of "Red October." Thanks again for the suggestions.

Splendor

Story Moderator
0 likes

I haven't had much time for movies. Hosting a wedding in your backyard is a bit stressful, but our yard is shaping up and the deck looks great. Our house is quite busy and will be pretty full this weekend. It's a bit warm now, and it will be around 90 degrees each day and cool off by the weekend. There is a chance of rain on Saturday, but hopefully, it will be clear.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Cheers.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Yeah, my yard could do it but I'm glad it isn't something I'm having to do. A buddy and his wife had their own wedding in their own backyard but that just meant they did the work themselves.

Good morning all you lads, lasses, and somewhere in between!

We are into another work week and I'm kicking it off with some Las Chicas Don Rey Private Reserve Dark Roast.

In the teapots, I've got Irish Breakfast and Original Earl Grey. Hot water is ready for other teas or hot chocolate.

Pitchers for the cold drinks are washed and refilled with lemonade and unsweet iced tea. Soda stock is looking good.

Have a good one, y'all!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza

I haven't had much time for movies. Hosting a wedding in your backyard is a bit stressful, but our yard is shaping up and the deck looks great. Our house is quite busy and will be pretty full this weekend. It's a bit warm now, and it will be around 90 degrees each day and cool off by the weekend. There is a chance of rain on Saturday, but hopefully, it will be clear.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Cheers.

The wedding is THIS weekend!? I hadn't realized. You have a lot of work to do, but I am sure everything will be fine. Are we invited? smile

Write and clean day. Want to have the place spotless for Talia's return. Try telling that to the cats ...

Coffee would be wonderful. Where are the cookies?

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good afternoon, everyone.

gillianeeza; wow, you will be having a very busy, but hopefully fun weekend. I also hope you have a joyous day and that it does not rain.

Hope you all are having a beautiful day.

Splendor

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

Been super busy getting my spring cleaning done and planning another trip to

Utah on the 8th of May . Looking forward to seeing more historical buildings and souvenir shopping smile

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding Gill

*cleaning out the empty cookie jars and filling the glass cookie jar to the tippy

Top with fresh cookies *

But I have animal cookies today .. zoo animals. shortbread .. today's animals are lions ,tigers,giraffes, monkeys, sea lions and zebras.

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

pouring a large coffee and moseying over to my favorite overstuffed chair

Today is library day and house work 🙃

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Hey, Sara. I hope you have fun. Vacations call for a great time, whether with family or friends.

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Hi, Sara, thanks for the restock on the cookie. Verbs was getting antsy without his fix. 😉😊

So I'm taking a break from my comp writing. Neither story is progressing. Well, one is but it's so far gone down some weird rabbit hole that I won't use it for a comp. There could be only three entries and they'd still find a way to keep it off the podium. 😕

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Hey everyone.

Mendalla, I think it's good you are taking a break. Better to sit back for awhile than pursue ideas that are not working out. You still have a few weeks to write something. Hopefully inspiration will spark something in you.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Splendor

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Cookies! All is right with the world again.

Acupuncture day today. I'm also finishing cleaning the house for Talia's return tomorrow. The cats will be relieved.

Hi Millie! Woof!

I'd love a coffee

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good afternoon, folks!

Nice day here after some showers to start. Hope others are having good weather and generally a good day.

Getting late for coffee but I'll put on some Tobermory Grotto that's still kicking around just in case.

For teas, I'll put on a Chinese green and Lemon Fizz herbal.

Quote by verbal
The cats will be relieved.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

...no, I've not died.

Real life caught up to me for a bit on top of my being in the middle of three or four stories I can't post here at the moment (every time I'm stuck on one, I just start another) and being fully immersed in Pettyphoria.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic
every time I'm stuck on one, I just start another

Oh good, it's not just me. I have like three stories started for the comp and a couple more that I was toying with before it started.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good morning, everyone,

May is such a beautiful month, dedicated to Our Lady, who I am greatly devoted to.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day.

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

May is one of my favourite months for many reasons. It's really Spring here, even if some other parts of Canada can still get the odd bit of snow. Flowering trees are generally out (my crabapple is budding and might open soon, which is early for it). And, well, rumour has it that a certain ape might possibly have been born in May. 😉

Good morning!!

Sort of nice here. I mean the sun is out now and then and there's only a slight chance of showers in the forecast. Still, not as nice as it could be.

Coffee du jour is Muskoka Lumberjack, a medium roast from cottage country.

For tea, I've got Sunday Tea (black tea with Bourbon vanilla) and Canadian Breakfast.

Hot water is on for other teas or, for those still partaking, hot chocolate.

Fresh iced tea and lemonade are in the fridge.

Have a nice one, folks!!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I'll have some of that Muskoka Lumberjack.

Talia is stuck on the runway right now, worried she'll miss her connecting flight. Send punctual thoughts!

Me, I'm writing A Personal History of Shea Stadium. It braids together the fate of the Mets and the fate of me, back when I lived there. It's a memoir that uses Shea Stadium as a structure; there's not much baseball in it.

I've have coffee and fifteen cookies please. Need that sugar high.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
Talia is stuck on the runway right now, worried she'll miss her connecting flight. Send punctual thoughts!

Ugh. Hate it when that happens. Vibes and wishes for a prompt takeoff sent.

Shy Scribbler
1 like

Morning wave

Big week in Louisville with the Derby Saturday. Last night the Belle of Cincy beat the Belle of Louisville in the great steamboat race.

Hope y’all are having a great week! I’ll take some cookies back to work with me, please. smile

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good morning, everyone.

I started writing an entry for this thread just now and realized what I was writing could possibly be a musing or part of some story. Interesting...at least to me.

Anyway, the flowers and plants in the backyard and front porch need to be watered today. And I need to plant a flower that was given to me. I have to research whether it needs shade or sun so I know where to plant it. The sun is out. I think it's shaping up to be a nice day.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Trying out a new (number four!!) comp idea. This one might have some legs. We shall see.

Good morning!! Sunny day here. Spring is definitely sprung and, in fact, our temps are too high (we hit a record for the end of April the other day). Canada as a whole was 5 degrees above normal this winter, worse in the West and North but the average highs were higher across the country. Thanks, El Nino. And that's only partly sarcastic. Not having to shovel beyond one time when I had contractors coming to do work was nice.

Coffee is Deathwish Dark. Teas are Russian Caravan and Blackberry. Cold drinks are looking good. There's hot water for them what needs it.

Later, alligators!!

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

Trying out a new (number four!!) comp idea. This one might have some legs. We shall see.

Nice, Mendalla. I hope this idea evolves into a solid story. If so, I look forward to reading it. Interesting coffee and tea choices.

A friend of mine really enjoys tea and she wanted to get me some as a gift. I told her my favorite was white tea. She got me Coconut white loose leaf tea and Peach white loose leaf tea. I'll be getting the teas when I next see her. I'm interested to see what they taste like.

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Cora
I told her my favorite was white tea.

I don't drink much white and I am not really sure why. I do have a favourite called Buddha's Blend that combines white and jasmine green with some hibiscus. Don't shop at the place that sells it much anymore, though, so haven't had it in a while.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Either red or green tea is my second favorite, my first being white tea. I believe white is healthiest. I enjoy drinking loose leaf teas best.

Splendor

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Cora
I enjoy drinking loose leaf teas best.

Ditto. I have a local shop that has fantastic selection and good prices. Then there's David's Tea, which is a national company that sells through shops of their own (though a financial crisis a few years ago forced them to scale back the chain severely) and in Canadian grocery stores. And online, of course. David's sells the Buddha's Blend that I mentioned.