Seasonal songs 2022

last reply
49 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
4 likes
Crazy old ape
1 like

A month to until Christmas. Winter Solstice fall just before, New Year's just after. Hanukkah is just wrapping up this Sabbath. So it's time to get some seasonal music going. Could be Christmas carols, secular popular songs, songs from other traditions that celebrate at Solstice or late Fall. Whatever music fits the season for you.

I'll kick off with the Moody Blues. A year ago, drummer Graeme Edge passed away, and surviving members Justin Hayward and John Lodge put the band to rest for good, though they still use the Moody's social media to promote their solo work.

The band's final studio album was December, their 2003 Christmas album. And this song from it is a cover of a favourite seasonal song of mine.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Oml ..my heart be still ..thank you Caesar smile

Crazy old ape
0 likes

English choral group Voces8 with their first seasonal release of 2022, a traditional French carol.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Looks like I haven't posted any of Tommy Johansson's Christmas songs yet. Tommy is a Swedish guitarist, vocalist, and producer (and all-round amazing musician) currently best known as the guitarist for Sabaton, though he is also the vocalist and guitarist for Majestica, his own band. Anyhow, he is currently doing a musical Advent calendar thing on his solo Youtube channel. A seasonal song, sometimes traditional, sometimes modern, for each day leading up to Christmas.

A couple examples:

This one is an original. Majestica did a metal musical version of A Christmas Carol a couple years ago and this is from that album.

And a traditional favorite with a bit of metal seasoning.