Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
John......The Ghost chapter 2 by kscorn080 (pete)

"Jimmy meets John and Martha"

1
1 Comment 1
1.2k Views 1.2k
700 words 700 words
John......the Ghost ch 2

Later that day Sara keeps an eye out watching Jimmy as he mows and edges the yard next door. After finishing the mowing, Jimmy pulls the mower out by the alley and brings the hose out to clean it off.

He is wiping the mower down when Jake suddenly barks and jumps up to run and greet Jimmy's Dad. Jimmy runs and hugs his father and grins broadly when he looks around, "Wow Jimmy their yard looks great. Did you get everything done in the house that you were told to do?"

Sara walks up and hugs Art and gets a kiss, "Jimmy will have to tell you about this morning Art, he and Jake had a bit of a scare over there."

Art raises his brows, "What kind of a scare?"

Jimmy explains what he heard and what Jake did and that he told his Mom when she got home. "Mom called the cops and they went in and looked all around but didn't find anything. I am positive that I heard someone talking though Daddy."

Art looked at Sara, "Well that could have been something pretty simple Jimmy, like a clock radio that is set for the radio to come on instead of the alarm."

Jimmy shivered, "When Jake growled and wanted back out, we left really fast. Daddy, are there really such a thing as ghosts?"

Art grins down at his son, "Well Jimmy, I don't really believe in ghosts, but I think your mother does and there isn't anything wrong with that. Lots of people believe they are all around us. As far as I know there has never been anyone hurt by a ghost."

The next day is Sunday and Jimmy is up early. He hurries next door to get his tasks finished before they go to church. Jake trots along behind him. He uses the key and opens the back door and Jake pushes past him as though he needs to check things out.

Jimmy went to the aquarium and got a level teaspoon of food for the fish. He sprinkled it over the top of the water and watched as the pretty fish swam up to eat.

As he was watching the fish, Jake whines and goes to the door. "Calm down Jake, wow I wonder what the green fish is?" There is the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Ahem excuse me but I think Mr. Blake calls that one a Green Tiger Barb."

Jimmy spins around, eyes wide, face pale, "Who-who-who said that?"

"I said that you asked about the green fish and I told you." Said the voice.

But -but I don't see anyone," said Jimmy, "And what are you doing in Mr. Blake's house?" Jimmy looked around to see Jake hiding in the hall with his front paws covering his eyes.

"I'm in this house because I live here Jimmy. I guess I'm what you call a ghost and my name is John."

My Daddy said ghosts aren't real, but my Mom says they are." said Jimmy.

John laughs heartily, "Well your Mom wins this time because we have lived here longer than the Blakes, haven't we Martha?"

"Yes we have, much, much longer," said a softer voice, "and we are glad to finally meet you, Jimmy."

Jimmy swallowed the big lump in his throat, "This is scary talking to someone you can't see."

"Well," said Martha, "Let me try something." Jimmy's mouth dropped open as a t-towel rose up off a rack and waved around in the air then fell on Jimmy's shoulder.

Jimmy jumped, "How did you do that?"

Giggling, Martha explained, "Light things like that we can pick up but anything heavier and it falls right through us. I guess we could carry a handkerchief, John and Jimmy wouldn't be so nervous."

At that moment the back door opened and Sara says, "Jimmy come on now, or we will be late for church."

"Coming Mom," and he calls Jake, "C'mon Jake," and then he whispers, "We'll be back after church and maybe we can talk more."

"Sure thing Jimmy. Martha and I will be right here," says John.

"Bye Jimmy," says Martha.

Published 
Written by kscorn080
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments