Find your next favourite story now
Login

Children's Stories

Our children’s category focuses on stories suitable for readers up to the age of twelve and includes picture books, fantasy themes, fairy tales and historical fiction.

The target audience may be early readers (ages 5-7) where the language used is fairly simple, or older children (ages 7-12) where stories consist of several short chapters.

Lottie Lends a Paw

After the horrors of 9/11, Lottie finds a new calling.

I remember dreaming that I was running around a horrible, burned landscape. I was trying to find people alive, like I was supposed to. But there were no people at all and, when I came back to my owner, she sent me away angrily. “Go away, useless mutt,” Be...

One Day In September...

Despite her best efforts, Lottie struggles to help

At first, it seemed like a normal day. The sun was shining, and the sky was blue. I waited patiently for Betty to get up and take me out to pee. We trotted along quite normally. I met my friends, the brown dog who always had a ball in her mouth and the go...

Growing Up

Lottie trains for work and changes the course of history...

My new owners were called Betty and Joe. They were much older than Jack and Lizzie and there were no children to play with, but they had a bigger house, and, in this place, I wasn’t kept in the yard. I could go anywhere, pretty much, except I soon learned...

The low hum of the air conditioner breaks the silence of the room. The sheets are soft below my body, and my face is buried into a pillow. Sunlight slowly tiptoes across my floorboards, making its way toward me. I scrunch my comforter closer and turn onto...

Score 1 1
1
132 Views 132
442 words 442 words

There lives a dog who is six pounds and quite accustomed to many names, but none serve her more suitably than Pepé le Pew! Pepé le Pew has ears misproportioned to the size of her tiny head; did I mention one ear flops? No, no I believe I did not. She chas...

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a little lamb called Ivy. You may think that’s a strange name for a lamb, and perhaps it is. Now, Ivy was a little different from all the other lambs. To be honest, Ivy lived in a world of her own. Ivy liked to...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

A Survivor's Tail

Little dog big heart

Hi, folks.My name is Bruiser. I'm a little dachshund. I weigh in at five pounds soaking wet. I'm two years old. I'm adorable and playful.But enough about me. This story is about my human Mommy and Daddy.I was just sitting there eavesdropping under the cof...