Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
It takes two to triumph

"Our short secret journey from home."

3
3 Comments 3
742 Views 742
137 words 137 words

Author's Notes

"This is a story about a secret rendez-vous to the Northwest coast of the states that I had with my former boyfriend. My mother only recently found out that I went, so it was an overall success especially since it still makes me smile. So then she surprised me by saying "well I have a story about a secret rendez vous that I could tell you too." Apparently she went through my photographs and she took all my pictures of my former boyfriend doing various activities like camping, skiing, and mountain biking and she took them to his mother in Smoky Lake. Well I don't think her story was as good as my story, but I could not stand in the way of a mother's enjoyment of having pictures of her sons activities and so I made a truce, we both have our secrets and I still smile when I think about it."

I watched you windsurf for most of the day,

The sails went back and forth with the occasional jump and twist and maybe a flip.

This looks impressive to those of us who don’t do it ourselves.

Afterwards, we went to a spot near the river where people were jumping off a cliff into the waters below. I went also, but when I looked over the edge, I froze. 

People were watching from below with words of encouragement. “It’s easy and it’s fun so go and jump.”

I looked down at the faces looking up at me but I could no longer see your face because you were on your way up. You appeared beside me and you took my hand so I took yours too and we both jumped together. 

I did it!

 

 

 

 

 

Published 
Written by Adrienne
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments