Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A time to harvest.

1
1 Comment 1
532 Views 532
260 words 260 words

Reaping the harvest was no easy task, but hard work was always rewarding, and today was a special day! The people sang new songs and were full of joy! They bundled the grain and lifted it high as they carried it back to the store houses. They laughed and joked with each other as they took long drinks from the well to quench their thirst on the cool fall day. 

 

No labor on this day was lost on the people. For the echoes of war had long passed and today they would celebrate the new year! One by one, the great houses of the land finished their day early. The workers hurried home to clean up and prepare to celebrate like there was no tomorrow!

 

Young and old alike, overflowing with happiness and joy as they danced in the streets. Moving to the center of the land, they joined hands and sang as they made their way. Leaders and servants as one on this special day.

 

When all the land had gathered, there was a great silence. As they collectively mourned the losses of those that had gone before them over the last year, their hearts were united as one people.

 

In a instant their sorrow had left them and the void filled with joy! They cheered and rejoiced at all their works had produced over the last year. Differences set aside and warm embraces for all, they ate, they drank, and they were merry!

 

Together they were one people, together they were a family and together they were Amoria.

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments