Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
All about the nice VA lady and a new iPhone

"I'd been making gestures at my computer for years, well, at least one particular gesture..."

12
11 Comments 11
943 Views 943
219 words 219 words

How’s by you, Grady Lee?

Funniest thing happened yesterday. This nice lady from the Veterans Administration stopped by and said what I really needed, I mean with my having gone from hard of seeing to being blinder than any known bat, was one of those so-called smart Apple iPhones.

I told her I knew a bit about the thing, how you made gestures to work it, and let her know I'd been making gestures at my computer for years, well, at least one particular gesture.

She seemed to sigh, and went on to say this machine could talk to you.

I said, great, but I'd been talking to my 'puter since way back when.

She allowed as how that was probably true, but said this phone was so smart, it could be rigged up to listen, and then talk back.

Sounds neat, said I, but isn't that what a wife is for?

I'm absolutely certain the knocking noise I then heard was most likely NOT her head pounding against the kitchen table, though that’s kinda what it sounded like.

Still, it seemed best to go along with the program. So you’re getting this email thing direct from my new iPhone, thanks to my grandson knowing how to make it work.

I'll keep you posted.

Later, Cuz.

 

 

 

 

 

Published 
Written by Rumple_deWriter
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments