Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Eve

"inspired by a vampire story"

1
2 Comments 2
1.0k Views 1.0k
251 words 251 words
I’ve always wondered, what I am to this world? A shadow of the past? A link to the future? Here am I, the immortal who is damned by the gods for tasting something just for them. For tasting the forbidden fruit of knowledge. I am Eve, the first woman.

After I have fallen from Eden, with Adam, my mortal husband, the gods have cursed me with the immortal life. I am to live through life and death, through pain and suffering. I have given birth to two sons, Abel and Cain. One is destined to rule; one is destined to be damned. I have lived through both their deaths; I have lived to give birth to humankind.

Throughout time I have witnessed death and collapse of civilization. That for every civilization built, another would cause its downfall. I know men and their vices, their hunger for greed, power and flesh. I know them all. I know my children. I gave birth to them all.

I walked in this world since the beginning of time. I was thrown out of paradise to suffer. And yes! Suffer did I experience as I tread on this mortal world. I experienced it all and many times, many times that I wished I have died. One thing that was taken from me and how I wish I could take it back. How I cursed this wretched land, this wretched life of mine that has no end.

I am Eve, the first woman. The damned immortal.

Published 
Written by saturdaynight
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments